'See Something,Say Something.'

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
When you say "author Robert Spencer," do you mean the same Robert Spencer who founded Jihad Watch (an agenda driven blog, BTW) who's BFF is Pamela Gellar? The "debate" was a setup where Jihad Watch invited Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed to appear on Jihad Watch's Web site for their "news" broadcast, and Spencer talked for-e-ver and then when he finally gave Mohamed a chance to speak both Spencer and the "news" anchor of the show (portrayed by Morticia Adams) rolled eyes, tried to stifle laughs, and finally cant stifle anymore (pretty much what I do when "debating you) and just cut it off. What they can't handle is Mohamed talking about viewing Islam the way most Muslims in America do, moderately and not the way extremists view it, but Spencer and his host are convinced that no Muslim can do that (although they are perfectly fine with Christians somehow being able to resist the fundamentalist violence of the Old Testament). There is no doubt in my mind that you read that somewhere, took it at face value, and haven't watched the "debate" between Mohamed and Spencer. You also state that he's run for office twice in Sudan, and said he's involved in politics over there, tooooo, but didn't bother to mention that he never went over there to actually run. All he did was declare himself a candidate for president. He wasn't even on the ballot either time. He likes to be referred to as "Sheikh" because that's what religious leaders are called when they are the head of a religious center. He's the president of the very small small Sufi Muslim AlSufi center in Irving.

It would really be great if you knew something, other than the opinions you've been told to have, about some of the crap you regurgitate.
You haven't refuted the fact that he is still an activist. Nothing wrong with that per se, but to downplay it is disingenuous. The spotlight seems to have been on him the last few years due to being more involved in politics. Lends itself to the notion that this Ahmed clock incident was no accident.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You haven't refuted the fact that he is still an activist.
I haven't tried to. He's certainly not on the level your typical political activist, since he's not particularly all that active, and we didn't hear a peep out of him during the Irving mayor's islamophobic extravaganza. Plus, you've already told me that you believe religious activism and political activism are not, in fact, two distinct things and are often interchangeable. Knowing that, it's a waste of time trying to refute the "fact" that he is still an activist.

Nothing wrong with that per se, but to downplay it is disingenuous.
To play it up to be more than it is, to make it out to be an important driving factor in what his kid did, is beyond disingenuous, it's a lie to further an agenda.

The spotlight seems to have been on him the last few years due to being more involved in politics.
Pretty dim one, though.

Lends itself to the notion that this Ahmed clock incident was no accident.
No it doesn't. To entertain such a notion you have to jump a chasm of assumptions that Evil Knievel wouldn't attempt with a rocket powered rocket, that, or use full-on paranoid islamophobia as your basis.

Reactions: RLENT

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No it doesn't. To entertain such a notion you have to jump a chasm of assumptions that Evil Knievel wouldn't attempt with a rocket powered rocket, that, or use full-on paranoid islamophobia as your basis.

I just think you're being a little naive about this. Ahmed's father traveling all the way to Florida to debate the Pastor. (Oh yeah, they were going to Disney World too) Now they are keeping information secret and blocking release it's release. Meeting with CAIR. A pending lawsuit. All because the kid didn't listen to his teachers, and didn't put his hoax bomb away. You're being snookered on this one.
- Irving Mayor: Ahmed Mohamed’s Family Blocking Release of Records; Obama Tweeted Support Even Before “Clock” Pic Released

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
I just think you're being a little naive about this. You're being snookered on this one.
ROTFLMAO ...

He's not the one who is quoting an article by some tool from an organization whose founder is near-certifiable on the subject of Islam, and which functions as Command Central for Islamophobia, Inc., and which is a virtual nest of neocons - who have been wrong on almost everything. Talk about a clown show ...

Center For Security Policy

BTW - I understand Anders Brevik - the Norwegian shooter - was a big fan ...

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
BTW: ... ^^^ agenda-driven "news" ^^^

lol ...
It's an excellent example of it. I don't know why it's so hard to spot it when it's so blatantly obvious. But people who can't see it, or maybe they just don't care as long as it soothes their political soul, will read it and believe that it's actually news and that it's actually true. But, then again, the Googlemeister has proven that he knows the difference between a bias an agenda driven news, and that I don't, so there ya go.

In any case, at the risk of showing my extreme ignorance and naivete, they reported what the mayor said, but didn't bother to check any of it out, or at least report on what they found if they did check, because if they did it wouldn't drive their agenda. And it would show that the mayor was lying, which is sooo not gonna drive the agenda. What was the word used? Oh, yeah, snookered. I've been snookered.

Incidentally, the police released the photograph of the 'briefcase bomb at at 9:15 AM on Sept 16, and Obama tweeted about it at 12:58 PM on the same day. It took an exhaustive effort of almost 20 seconds to confirm that, by the way. Snookered by my own self. Rats.

Reactions: RLENT