'See Something,Say Something.'

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
His parent is a political activist. He tested the limits with the consent of his father. Job well done son.
I'm almost afraid to ask what your definition of "political activist" is, because I know it's going to be something I've never heard before. That or you're getting your information about his "parent" from the opinion os someone else. There is no evidence whatsoever that he tested the limits with the consent of his father. None.

Reactions: RLENT

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ahmed's father said his son was 'tortured'. A fact not in evidence.
Which has nothing to do with his father being a political activist nor with Ahmed testing the limits with the consent of his father.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm almost afraid to ask what your definition of "political activist" is, because I know it's going to be something I've never heard before. That or you're getting your information about his "parent" from the opinion os someone else. There is no evidence whatsoever that he tested the limits with the consent of his father. None.
If it walks like a duck...

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Article excerpt:
Mohamed is familiar with anti-Islamic politics. He once made national headlines for debating a Florida pastor who burned a Quran.
But he wasn’t paying much attention this summer when Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne became a national celebrity in anti-Islamic circles, fueling rumors in speeches that the religious minority was plotting to usurp American laws.

What??? More like he WAS paying attention.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
OK, so I'm gonna ask, even though I'm not going to get an answer. What is your definition of "political activist"?

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK, so I'm gonna ask, even though I'm not going to get an answer. What is your definition of "political activist"?
This one works for me. This is my definition as well.
What is a political activist?
A political activist is someone who is involved in the political process for the sake of promoting, impeding or raising awareness of a certain issue or set of issues.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
This one works for me. This is my definition as well.
What is a political activist?
A political activist is someone who is involved in the political process for the sake of promoting, impeding or raising awareness of a certain issue or set of issues.
I can't believe you had to Google that. Then again, yeah I can. But OK, we're going with that, then. So...
Mohamed is familiar with anti-Islamic politics. He once made national headlines for debating a Florida pastor who burned a Quran.
Being familiar with anti-Islamic politics doesn't mean you're a political activist. If it did then you'd be considered a political activist. Debating a Florida pastor on the religious grounds of the Qur'an isn't exactly political activism as part of the political process, though. It's religious activism, though.

But he wasn’t paying much attention this summer when Irving Mayor Beth Van Duyne became a national celebrity in anti-Islamic circles, fueling rumors in speeches that the religious minority was plotting to usurp American laws.

What??? More like he WAS paying attention.
Yeah, he was such a hard core political activist that we didn't hear a peep out of him.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
One gets the impression Ahmed is a typical attention seeking teenage boy. Anything to impress 8th grade girls.
I disagree. When I was his age I built a clock similar to his, but I went all out, made the circuit board also... I was so proud of it that I had to show it to everybody. Girls were the last thing I had on my mind then.

I believe I still have the clock somewhere in a box at home. I need to find it and see if it still works.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
I disagree. When I was his age I built a clock similar to his, but I went all out, made the circuit board also... I was so proud of it that I had to show it to everybody. Girls were the last thing I had on my mind then.

I believe I still have the clock somewhere in a box at home. I need to find it and see if it still works.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Clock builders must be a breed apart. There was a great movie from 1989 starring Kurt Russell called "Winter People." Set in the Appalachian Mountains, the scenery is beautiful and the cast is strong. Russell plays an outsider who happens to be a clock builder. Memorable film, not widely acclaimed.

www.imdb.com/title/tt0098659/

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I can't believe you had to Google that. Then again, yeah I can. But OK, we're going with that, then. So...
Being familiar with anti-Islamic politics doesn't mean you're a political activist. If it did then you'd be considered a political activist. Debating a Florida pastor on the religious grounds of the Qur'an isn't exactly political activism as part of the political process, though. It's religious activism, though.

Yeah, he was such a hard core political activist that we didn't hear a peep out of him.
Ahmed's father, who likes to be referred as the 'Sheik',claims to have many followers. He wants to be in the public eye. First he publicly debated the Pastor in Florida, as well as author Robert Spencer. He also has run for political office twice in Sudan. He's involved in politics over there too. Now he has Ahmed's clock prank episode ( he didn't make a clock. His son took the cover off an old clock and put the wires in a pencil case) to once again enter the public spotlight and also claim his son was 'tortured' by authorities.
Religious activism, political activism. They often are interchangeable.

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Ahmed's father, who likes to be referred as the 'Sheik',claims to have many followers. He wants to be in the public eye. First he publicly debated the Pastor in Florida, as well as author Robert Spencer. He also has run for political office twice in Sudan. He's involved in politics over there too. Now he has Ahmed's clock prank episode ( he didn't make a clock. His son took the cover off an old clock and put the wires in a pencil case) to once again enter the public spotlight and also claim his son was 'tortured' by authorities.
Religious activism, political activism. They often are interchangeable.
When you say "author Robert Spencer," do you mean the same Robert Spencer who founded Jihad Watch (an agenda driven blog, BTW) who's BFF is Pamela Gellar? The "debate" was a setup where Jihad Watch invited Mohamed Elhassan Mohamed to appear on Jihad Watch's Web site for their "news" broadcast, and Spencer talked for-e-ver and then when he finally gave Mohamed a chance to speak both Spencer and the "news" anchor of the show (portrayed by Morticia Adams) rolled eyes, tried to stifle laughs, and finally cant stifle anymore (pretty much what I do when "debating you) and just cut it off. What they can't handle is Mohamed talking about viewing Islam the way most Muslims in America do, moderately and not the way extremists view it, but Spencer and his host are convinced that no Muslim can do that (although they are perfectly fine with Christians somehow being able to resist the fundamentalist violence of the Old Testament). There is no doubt in my mind that you read that somewhere, took it at face value, and haven't watched the "debate" between Mohamed and Spencer. You also state that he's run for office twice in Sudan, and said he's involved in politics over there, tooooo, but didn't bother to mention that he never went over there to actually run. All he did was declare himself a candidate for president. He wasn't even on the ballot either time. He likes to be referred to as "Sheikh" because that's what religious leaders are called when they are the head of a religious center. He's the president of the very small small Sufi Muslim AlSufi center in Irving.

It would really be great if you knew something, other than the opinions you've been told to have, about some of the crap you regurgitate.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
One gets the impression Ahmed is a typical attention seeking teenage boy. Anything to impress 8th grade girls.

Typical attention seeking teenage boys seeking to impress 8th grade girls generally use sports, practical jokes, and pranks. It would never occur to them to build an electronic gizmo, because 8th grade girls aren't much interested in boys' brains [if that isn't an oxymoron :eek:], and also too, the boys who want to impress girls wouldn't know how to build an electronic gizmo. A lot has changed since I was in 8th grade, but not that, I'm positive.
Ahmed is clearly a geek, and I say that with the greatest respect. [And he's kind of adorable, lol]