October location...

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At home under load for a 0700 drop in northern St Louis Monday. Leaving out around midnight. Be at the Beach after I drop.

inkasnana

Expert Expediter
We are in Whitsett, NC. We dropped a load in Greensboro Fri morning and had to spend 10 hours in a truck repair shop.. again.. because they didn't fix the problem at the truck repair shop in Kansas City. Hopefully THIS time it's fixed!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
We are in Whitsett, NC. We dropped a load in Greensboro Fri morning and had to spend 10 hours in a truck repair shop.. again.. because they didn't fix the problem at the truck repair shop in Kansas City. Hopefully THIS time it's fixed!

Ughhhh, another day lost to repairs. Hopefully they get it right this time.:(

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
My goodness, why didn't you say hi? Pilgrim was the opposite bookend. Sorry I missed seeing you and Gracie. :(

we rolled in at 0600 after a cxl pu at the airport. then went to bed. got a call and it was back on and had to go. only had 60 min to get to the p-u and we were 15 min getting out of bed.

should say for everyones notification we are in greenwood ind at a panera:eek:.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
At a Panera (dam you Jack!!!!!) in DeWitt/Syracuse NY, can't unload till 11pm...can't re-load out till noon tomorrow. Still OK...there are worse places to have to spend time.

jrcarroll

Expert Expediter
We are now at the Pilot south of Richmond near Colonial Heights. We delivered near here this morning. Took one load that cancelled and turned down a few. Here we sit.

Darn didnt know there was a celeberty in the lot. Was in a rush as I had to pickup back in Greenville by 5pm friday nite.

Next time I'll spring for coffee. Pulled in around 10am white chevy van, 2 rows in front of you. OOIDA plate on the front!

Last edited:

dieselwrench

Seasoned Expediter
Home this wk end back in sevice tonight, next out unless some one bumps me, come on E 1. last Wed. am I had breakfast at Carl's Corner. Great place. Thurs. night supper at Big Cabin Ok. Great place Good food clean showers and they pumped my fuel for me. Wow I will remember them.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Rlent wrote:

Well, when it came through the pay was actually higher (6 cpm) than what Dispatch said it was going to pay ..... something that seems to be occurring regularly over the last month or so.

I have noticed the same thing..but i thought it was just my "favored son status" that i have been accused of having with dispatch...good to know that you are seeing that increase also...

Anyhow, I dropped in Plymouth early this AM, went out of service to get a vibration that i picked up on the way up here looked at. The new tires and shocks have 7000 miles on them in 17 days, I think I threw a wheel weight, so the van is at the Tire store and i am at home hedin for bed, dinner with the famliy tonight and back in service tommorow...goin to try and stay within 500 miles of home so i can get back here on fri afternoon if at all possible. Penn St is playin at Michigan sat, so i think ill go to the game with my boys....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
So Piper, I am wondering about these Panera bread places, do you hang out like a coffee/laptop junkie inside at a table all day with ear buds in your years twitting away or do you partake of the beautiful scenery of the parking lot for hours and hours?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just got back home from Havre Montana and missed a load going to alabama. I am gonna go back in service in a few days and hope to catch a load to Alabama on friday. I work for two companies and Arrow Freight Systems has a customer out of Los Angeles that has been calling asking for my unit.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are at the Pilot near Syracuse, NY. Delivered in PA today and have a run from here to Indy tomorrow. :D

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I missed you by about 8 hours Joe!!!

Back on my side of the fence DH'ing back to Kitchener from points east.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Too bad!! It would be nice to run into you again somewhere. We were in Canada last week. Had a run to Quebec City and then picked up a load in Saguenay the next day and took that to Yorktown, VA.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Truck fixed, had to have the rt ft shock replaced as the weld on the bottom mounting had broke and the shock was doing nothing...thanks for the warranty, that was free...So back in service #3 within a 50 mile radius of toledo...so its time to go to bed in my own bed......