October location...

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
The last week:

Home in Cincinnati 250 miles to western KY, next day 850 miles from Corbin to Selkirk, pick up next morning in Amsterdam and run 2000 miles over the weekend for a Monday morning drop in Denver City, TX, dh 50 miles to Lubbock and get new tires, pick up Tuesday in Lubbock and run 550 miles for Wednesday morning drop in Laredo, dh to Brownsville for 1200 mile run delivering tonight in Tennessee. I'm running a Sprinter and every one of those loads was a cargo van load booked for a full rate, not even a discount on the TX loads.

Wait a minute. The last time I checked, I'm not leased to one of the big boys.

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Chicago....it is cold and rainy. In Milwaukee this morning it tried REAL hard to snow.

At the Hinsdale SB Oasis if anyone wants to say hi.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Florida....AGAIN! Jacksonville this time. Better than the snow I guess

There was snow this morning in Michigan and Northern Indiana:eek:

I delivered to two grocery distribution centers today, can we say SLOW!!!!! At least I get paid wait time:cool:

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Down to Marion, In then up to The Wal-mart distribution in Coldwater, Mi. If I spend anymore time there they are gonna start charing me rent :rolleyes:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just got a load from Dallas to Indiana, time for a few days at home when this one delivers.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
Home now. Deadheaded up out of Tennessee for the heck of it. Well, not really for the heck of it. Blower went out and I need to get that fixed before I try to spend any more nights in a vehicle with no heat or AC. Laredo was brutal.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We are now at the Pilot south of Richmond near Colonial Heights. We delivered near here this morning. Took one load that cancelled and turned down a few. Here we sit.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
at b dam. left laredo wed aft at 1500 and arvd woodhaven aro 1845 yesterday. spent the nite at toledo j then took an airport run this morn.

at 1000 we were third out and now first. if still here tomorrow we will be at the panera 12 miles south.

someone forget to py the heating bill? 100 wed 42 friday.
:eek::eek:

really nice people watching at the mall del norte at exit 3 in laredo. food court has a starbucks. b dalto down the way got some of our money.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
hangin' at the J in KC ......

..... but apparently departing momentarily for Remington, IN, via Cameron, MO. :D

Last edited:

aileron

Expert Expediter
Just got one El Paso, Texas to Dallas, Texas...wow can I please ever leave this state???

Be careful what you wish. Just wait a little bit more time for the real snow to come up north and then you will get out of Texas and be only up north in the snow. Then you would wish to be back in Texas :D

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Sitting here in Here in Great Falls Montana. I'm roaming the hallway of the hotel trying to figure out which room Hannah Montana is staying in. Oh, wait, she would never say in a dumpy over-priced motel six.

Well, I was at home on monday planning to take a full week off. I had even turned off the cell and shut down the computer for a day. But then I got curious as to what all I was missing out there on my partner carrier load boards. Logged onto one carriers board and saw a 100 mile in state run and booked it for 250 bucks.

I got up at 4 AM on Wednesday and ran the load. I deadheaded back home and logged onto some other partner carrier sites, and right before I decided to take a nap a load popped up from Ontario California to Logan Utah. 727 miles and I got the load for 990 dollars. Then I looked at another partner carrier board and saw a load picking up in Pocatello Idaho the next evening and realized that I had time to deliver the first load, sleep,and then deadhead from Logan to Pocatello and make a pick up to go to Havre Montana.

I got the second load (500) miler for 700 dollars...the benefit of being in areas where there is no competition! I have averaged 1.40 per loaded mile as I have done approximately 1300 miles or so for about 1900 dollars. I got curious and did a vehicle search on a site where everyone posts their available vehicles and realized that I was one of 2 cargo vans in the entire state of California, and the other company that had a van posted in Montana has been kicked off of the partner carrier site that had the Pocatello load posted on it.

I guess i'll stay in a room tonight, get some rest, and then deadhead back home tomorrow if I don't see at least a short load to pick up along the way. I bid higher rates out west simply because I have to go over a dollar a mile in order to cover the cost of my dead head and to help offset the higher price of fuel. Looks like things are getting a lot better towards the end of the year!! Good luck out there.

Last edited by a moderator: