November 2014 where ya at's

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whew!! Be safe! We had a load today out of "Minneville" to OH. You guys are troopers!!

St Paul didn;t get all that much snow...a lot of hype for nada...now St Cloud and an hour north or Minni got whacked....Watertown got about 6 or so but what made that so bad was the 35-40 mile an hour wind...then the road turned into an ice rink.....

guido4475

Not a Member
had a pick up in Watertown SD last night the middle of that storm....snow out the Gazoo...and delivered it thru blizzard and freezing rain to Allison Iowa? at 6am dispatched called at 11am whilst sleeping a pickup 200 miles north in St Paul going to a Chicago burb for the morning...right now in Madison Wi at the rest area has some dinner and time for some sleep and then do the last 150 miles.....Phew.....

For some one that lives in Bison, S.D., I would think that our winters east of you would be child's play for a person of you're skill and caliber....lol....Glad you're doing okay, and staying warm...and, as always, no load is worth anyone's life. Know when to say when.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Really? Eastern NC sucked today but western and SC had some. But then again no where near as many loads as trucks, I imagine.

Im in Greensboro NC. I was #6 and now #3. But ive always gotten gotten out of here on a Thur or Fri. Very rare its been sonner than that.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
For some one that lives in Bison, S.D., I would think that our winters east of you would be child's play for a person of you're skill and caliber....lol....Glad you're doing okay, and staying warm...and, as always, no load is worth anyone's life. Know when to say when.

yeah brother....it the other idiots out there...the weather is the easy part.....LOL

RedBird

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
When my Chicago to Philadelphia yesterday. Great travel, weather was perfect with temps in the 70's across Indiana and Ohio. Troopers were heavy across Indiana turnpike at least 12 counted spaced every 20-40 miles. Ohio counted about 5 across their turnpike, and about 5 counted in Pennsylvania on their turnpike. Blew past the Carlisle Petro around 6:30pm. Got hang in Philly/Allentown area for rest of week and return trip on Sunday. Keep safe fellow drivers, and God Bless!

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Louisville to north Carolina. North Carolina to Pennsylvania .Pennsylvania to Quebec. Quebec to Minnesota. Pretty decent week.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm curious to know what speed that truck was going. He likely put his brakes on on ice; so the tow truck driver's statement about slowing down when you see the flashing lights could've been the factor that instigated it.

Apparently the driver was going to fast for conditions and wasn't practicing 3 of the 5 basic tenants of the Smith System:

AIM HIGH IN STEERING
GET THE BIG PICTURE
LEAVE YOURSELF AN OUT

Don't they teach the Smith System in high school driver's education anymore? I notice more and more drivers of cars and trucks that aren't looking much past the end of the hood and are oblivious to what is going on around their vehicle. Of course it is difficult to "aim high in steering" while texting.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I've had 3 bites, but the Russians here in Chicago are many....

It's a safe bet most of the carriers are taking full advantage of that also..

P.S. Make yourself available to them. A lot of those drivers don't know the difference between shipping or receiving.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's a safe bet most of the carriers are taking full advantage of that also..

P.S. Make yourself available to them. A lot of those drivers don't know the difference between shipping or receiving.

I have a feeling when all is said and done...I'll get to take out the trash from here.....as long as it pays well....so be it....:p

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
[QUO TE=Slo-Ride;710683]Go out of service. A sure fire way to get them to call ya.[/QUOTE]
I've tried all the tricks, going out for lunch, laundry, started taking apart an engine for a rebuild, now I'll try watching a movie.