No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
non forced dispatch means no punishment for not taking a load
Didn't really think that one through, did ya. It doesn't matter what industry you are in, expediting, dry wall construction, cutting hair... if you turn down jobs often enough, people will view you as someone they can't count on when they need you, as being unable to be relied on, as being someone who really doesn't want to work. There are always consequences every time you refuse a job, including being dropped to the bottom of the list of people to call the next time someone needs their hair cut, some drywall hung, or a load of emergency freight to be picked up and delivered.

You think your customers (in the case of expediting, your customer is your carrier or broker) are somehow obligated to use you and your services? They're not. You are in the customer service business, and they are the customer contracting your services. If they can't count on you, they wont use you, and there's nothing illegal about that.

jamespope

Not a Member
Turtle it's sad sometimes you have smart things to say and other times you sound way off. I don't know you and your background. But I'd say you have never been in business before....business is business and has no emotion's tied to it. A company is to make money and not whine if no one wants to take a load. The company should eat the load and offer more if they want it covered. Cost of doing business for their customer. IC's do not have customers. The company needs to step up for any loss's not the IC's. Well yes things do happen in business and if the company plays games that's fine. But they cannot tell anyone. That's illegal. But once word gets out on that company only the dumb will stick around. Load 1 sounds like a good company except for some dispatcher practices. I would get rid of them. Put someone in that has less emotions. What's it cost to the company to have an IC truck in service and not use them? Prob not much. How much it does it cost a company getting a bad name? Prob a lot. I do not need to own a shipping company. It's not my fire in my life. I have other things I do. The employee/IC tax law is very clear. If a company punishes you, then you are not an IC and therefore are considered an employee. It will be in court sooner then later.

jamespope

Not a Member
it does matter what field your in. what other field has dispatch????????????? Turtle you don't get it. That's ok. I feel sorry for you!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
it does matter what field your in. what other field has dispatch????????????? Turtle you don't get it. That's ok. I feel sorry for you!

What other fields have a dispatch system? Firefighting and emergency medicine are two I can think of off hand. Those ARE both 'forced dispatch'.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Cite the IC/employee tax law to support your position.

ICs don't have customers. That's funny. Don't ever let anyone tell you that you don'thave a sense of humor.

Who do you think contracts you for each job and pays you for your services? The IC Fairy?

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
layout shooter?????????? what are you talking about? they are employee's!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what a dope

A dope? I don't THINK so. I was both a firefighter and EMT. I was employed by NO ONE. In fact MOST firefighters and EMT's are NOT PAID nor employed by ANYONE.

It is also a good idea NOT to call people you don't know names.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have never been paid by a "customer" and I have never had any deals with any "customers"

I guess it depends on how you look at it and what part of the industry you are in.

FECC is my 'customer', they pay me for the use of my truck and labor.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
Come on blizzard...the reason they don't broker out many loads is because they don't have many shippers. Almost every load I hauled while at Load 1 was a 3rd party or 4th party load. They are just getting the junk loads and overflow from other carriers!

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on blizzard...the reason they don't broker out many loads is because they don't have many shippers. Almost every load I hauled while at Load 1 was a 3rd party or 4th party load. They are just getting the junk loads and overflow from other carriers!

Lol now you're just being ridiculous.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
thats called volunteering

Yeah, so? When dispatched, we ran. Time of day, the weather, did not matter. At OUR expense, in time, money, health and often, lives.

It was also far HARDER, both physically and mentally, than what I do now and ever MORE dangerous. It was WORK.

jamespope

Not a Member
IC's have no customers! Yes finally someone agrees!

turtle was trying to compare other fields of work with a dispatch/IC thing. which made no sense. that's why I was asking. You don't dispatch a haircut. But you as a hairdresser can refuse. You as a builder can turn work down. So what. So what if you say no 100 times.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

now thats funny stuff right there. How would u even know most.of the time you dont even know what.party is paying.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

jamespope

Not a Member
layoutshooter? what are you talking about? volunteering has nothing to do with business. what are you talking about? Besides I know who those guys are. They set their own fires to put out. etc ha ha

More then 80% of the drivers I see look like complete dirtballs. So how is that good customer service? clean your truck/van and get a shower.

Status
Not open for further replies.