No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Howard,

With all due respect you have really shown your true colors very well. You were not an owner operator with our company. You drove for a fleet owner. You have think in your few months with us you have some great knowledge of our company and our customers. You clearly do not have a grasp how freight works. Freight forwarders and 3pls are major customers to us. I really don't think we got to be the 5th largest by having no customers? You have accused us of things, bashed and been disrespectful of dispatch and on and on. When you repeatedly turn down loads and then call and complain why you are sitting? I think it is becoming very clear with you attitude how you worked with operations and why they had no desire to work with you any longer. If the owner of your truck would like to contact me he knows how to get a hold of me. But surprisingly all of his other units do well at Load One. I think all of the non Load One drivers on this post have pretty much stated how the industry works. Enjoy Landstar and I wish you well. Time to move on.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have been to Taco Bell many times and have always had a good experience with their food. One time a few years back I went to Taco Bell and got sicker than a dog. Does that mean that Taco Bell is not good most of the time? Everyone can have a bad experience with any particular company. When I was leased on to Panther there was a guy I met who couldn't even make his 250 dollar a month van payment! Does that mean that Panther is a bad company? Why do some O/O's do well while?others do not. Perhaps it's all in ones attitude.

So you had a bad experience; it's time to suck it up and move on. You can bash Load One all you want but it isn't going to change the minds of the majority of people who seem to be doing well with them them. So what's the point of all this? And even as you stated with Landstar being a non-forced dispatch. Try turning down loads and see how many times that Agent will call your truck. Just continue to run wild with the "i'm an independent contractor and I can do whatever I want when I want attitude" and see how far that will get you in this business.

Last edited by a moderator:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
waiting on john to answer. I don't even know why he thinks it's a good idea to be on this forum? no good can come of it. "it is better to be feared then to be loved"

Good question. Because I have always tried to do things different. Including biting my tongue and being politically correct when most people would say what they are really thinking. ;)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
So you had a bad experience; it's time to suck it up and move on. You can bash Load One all you want but it isn't going to change the minds of the majority of people who seem to be doing well with them them. So what's the point of all this? And even as you stated with Landstar being a non-forced dispatch. Try turning down loads and see how many times that Agent will call your truck. Just continue to run wild with the "i'm an independent contractor and I can do whatever I want when I want attitude" and see how far that will get you in this business.

Or until the owner you driver for says....why is my truck not getting any miles or making any money?????

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
All I can say is OMG! Probably time for another reality check.

From the carrier side of things, they are in the business of serving two customers. The shipper and the driver. Some like to think it is only the shipper, but capacity and constant recruiting ads with sign on bonuses tell a much different story. Drivers have to understand the carrier is their to make a profit whether you are there or not. Turning loads down all the time makes you no different than a cable guy who never shows up. But many nameless carriers compound their problems by paying their contractors bargain rates and fuel surcharges and then broker that uncovered freight at a much higher rate to a outside source. Transparency is harder to hide with all the available information today. When a driver hears from dispatch "we have nothing in it" many are finding a different story.

Carriers need to realize that owner operators costs have skyrocketed over the last 10 years verses the rates. This problem isn't going to go away which compounds that "forced dispatched" issue. The best scenario is were both parties really understand the others objective.
Whether IC or employee, that understanding should remain the same.
As for lawsuits claims, you would do better to just pour some hot coffee on your lap. :cool:
Lastly, on the 1.05 load. I don't know all the details of it , but that is tough on so many levels with the starter being $4.00 a gallon fuel.

Last edited:

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Is it still considered drive-by posting if the op gets their posting quota in the thread that violates the policy?

eb

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I believe both sides have been sufficiently beat.....this horse needs a break, and so does the thread :)

Dale

Status
Not open for further replies.