No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
Well IDK hero...i owned and operated my own truck for 25 years before driving for an owner. I have to admit I like not having to pay for repairs and insurance etc. But what does that have to do with Load 1 being a forced dispatch company? That was the begining of this..I wanted to know if anyone knew of another company that wasn't forced dispatch besides landstar. Didn't mean to get all you load one cheerleaders all upset because you choose to work under a forced dispatch system.Get back to my if you manage to stay in business for 25 years...of course driving a sprinter van...well hell who can't drive a sprinter van LOL

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
hmmm kinda like driving for someone else and not owning your own truck...no pressure there..dont have to worry about oh...paying for it, insuring it, maintaining it, keeping a viable companny annd screwing with the Fed on regulation of ownership..or keeping it on the road..you know, no pressure there...get from point A to point B on time.....just sayin...:D

A driver who doesn't worry about making the money needed to keep the truck on the road, or the maintenance that keeps it out of the shop, is a driver who finds him/herself without an income pretty quick - just sayin.
What I'd say to Charlie is that every driver has the right to reject loads they don't want to do, and every carrier has the right to reject drivers they don't want to deal with, too.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
He's looking for another option than Landstar.
He's already left Landstar once and seems to be going back by default.
Let us in on the secret. What's wrong with Landstar ?

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
Hey Charlie.....errrr I mean Howard... Your real name is Howard isnt it? Not saying the rates you were offered werent bad.... Just wondering what rates you needed to run the truck?

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
I went to load1 because that is where the truck was already leased on. Landstar is a fine place to work if you can cut it.:) That's why i'm going back. I don't need a baby sitter to tell me what loads to take or what area to stay out of. Any other questions?

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
It did turn out to be interesting. 150 posts and nobody could think of another company besides Landstar that was non forced dispatch ...guess that settles that question:) thx for the replys and you Load 1 cheerleaders keep shakin those pom poms LOLOL

roadeyes

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Why is it that some people just don't get the fact that all being an owner operator/independent contractor, or driving for one for that matter means, is that you have the right to go out of service whenever you want. You have the right to set your own hours.

It does in no way give you the right to employment, guarantee of work or anything else that you may think you are entitled to.

This business is all about developing relationships, with the ultimate goal of serving the customer properly, in order to obtain repeat business and hopefully some degree of loyalty.

In order to accomplish that they need people in trucks the carrier can rely on to get that job done to both the customer and carrier's satisfaction.

It would be the same thing on the construction job site. Even though you are an independent contractor, you are expected to keep pace with the other contractors on the job site or you will not get future work.

I have spent almost my entire working life in some sort of dispatch - driver relationship.
It matters not wether it is taxi, bus,courier, trucking or whatever, the dispatcher needs people they can depend on to serve the customer.
This is the way the world works so you would be much farther ahead if you learned how to play the game to win instead of going against the grain.

Every company is non-forced dispatch. They just won't call you anymore if they know they can't rely on you, and they are under no obligation of any kind to do so, so get it out of your head about that court thing.

My guess is that it came to the point where dispatch just started giving you nothing, or nothing but crap loads as punishment knowing that if you keep turning them down they will have all the more reason to get rid of you.

It's too bad the company didn't meet your expectations.
Yes, I'm sure Landstar did offer you more freedom than Load1.

So why did you leave Landstar anyways hmmmm????

Let me guess...........the agents weren't calling you anymore???

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Well true to form the Load 1 cheer leading squad trashed the OP. And since Chef was so kind as to post his rate per loaded mile could someone post the percentage split between Load 1 and their contractors so I could get a good idea of what Load 1 is charging their customers. Might come in handy someday.

Monty

Expert Expediter
While it is indeed true Landstar has no forced dispatch, they also have agents that will simply stop calling you if you are not servicing their customers.

Landstar, (corporate), will tell you it's all up to you. We provide the tools and freight for your success, if you do not use them, you made your choice, don't whine to us when you are failing. (That's paraphrasing, but you get the idea).

Be a businessman/woman to make money here, or fail.

Oh, I have I mentioned lately I love Landstar! (I need blue and white pom poms ... anyone have a deal on them?)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's just a matter of time before someone like me who has a lot of time on there hands, sues the pants off a company for doing that BS.

What BS is that? What, specifically, would you sue them for? What clause in the contract did they violate?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
"Dispatcher Discretion" Goes a long way on who gets what load and when...They will pick the best truck and best driver that suits the customers needs.....
IF you have a record of being late.....you may not get the load....
IF your truck has a record of frequent breakdowns.....you may not get the load
IF they have received complaints about a driver whining on the dock.....you may not get the load
IF you are known not to run for a certain rate and load pays under even by a penny....you may not get the load....
IF you are known to haggle and want to negotiate every load....you may not get the load...

There are probably a few more reasons....why one is left to sit...

Many reasons to maintain your outfit in good condition and build a good working relationship with your carrier....your dispatch are your money people....they can make you or break you....

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I 'm still standing here in the crowd waiting for the cheerleaders to throw out the free T shirts and footballs . poke, poke

Sent from my SGH-T959 using EO Forums

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well true to form the Load 1 cheer leading squad trashed the OP. And since Chef was so kind as to post his rate per loaded mile could someone post the percentage split between Load 1 and their contractors so I could get a good idea of what Load 1 is charging their customers. Might come in handy someday.

I noticed a number of people myself included wish him luck. You cant deny the op was attempting to do a bit of bashing himself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I noticed a number of people myself included wish him luck. You cant deny the op was attempting to do a bit of bashing himself.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

We also did a good job of bashing each other at times.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.