No Forced Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Wow, over 100 posts to defend the company against one bad post from an unhappy camper.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Wow, over 100 posts to defend the company against one bad post from an unhappy camper.

Ya mon! Kinda neat when ya find that, eh???? Jes goes to show biggeah aint bettah. But ya hafta weed out the whiners, and them that can't git r done, maybe the op slipped past with a (fisad, pisad, falsad).......what the hell.......a false front.

Last edited:

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
If any company went completly on drivers saying no whenever they wanted it would only mean they would have to sign in more trucks then everyone would get less miles. Never heard of load one writing anyone up for turning down a load. Drop to the bottom of the list yea maybe once in a while but that really effects us nowhere but Taylor. Dispatchers do need to take care of customers and as much as I dislike it they need some tools to help them accomplish that. Good luck to you.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums
Does the ad that load 1 runs state no forced dispatch or not? Does the recuiter not tell you it's no forced dispatch? If you haven't heard of people being written up for turning down loads maybe you should talk to some of your fellow drivers.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
You're wrong Bob...landstar express is no forced dispatch I was with them for several years before making the mistake of going with Load 1.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
Let me try to answer your quesions ...I don't know how many turn downs I had in the 9 months...but if it's no forced dispatch...what difference does it make?
My reasons for turning down loads were either the pay was to low for the short distance or the load was going into an area it would have been hard to get a back haul from.
I drove a D unit
No I didn't own the truck..what difference that makes I don't know.
And Brian or Bryan however he spells his name told me to bring the truck in dispatch wasn't going to load it anymore.
This is not hard guys...either it is no forced dispatch or it's not!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Let me try to answer your quesions ...I don't know how many turn downs I had in the 9 months...but if it's no forced dispatch...what difference does it make?
My reasons for turning down loads were either the pay was to low for the short distance or the load was going into an area it would have been hard to get a back haul from.
I drove a D unit
No I didn't own the truck..what difference that makes I don't know.
And Brian or Bryan however he spells his name told me to bring the truck in dispatch wasn't going to load it anymore.
This is not hard guys...either it is no forced dispatch or it's not!

It makes a difference because we have customers to keep happy. If we as a company cant take care of them they go elsewhere and it hurts all drivers. Not all places work for all drivers but if dispatch wasnt going to load you im guessing it had reached the point of being a problem. Good luck to you at your next stop.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
What does your post have to do with my question? If a company says they have a no forced dispatch system....then I expect it to be a no forced dispatch system. Nothing to do with candy mtn bs. And there is at least one company that is no forced dispatch. Don't know if you can qualify or not but maybe you should check em out:)

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
LOL all your loads pay great? Last load I was offered by Mike paid the truck just over $1 a mile. I hate to burst your bubble but if you haul every load they try to get you to haul you'll be running for about $1.35 a mile ...hmmmm that's not great pay.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All companies in some respect have forced dispatch. Turn down to many loads and dispatchers or brokers stop offering or rewarding you loads. Dispatchers are human and if they know one guy will probably turn something down and the next guy always says yes their gonna call the next guy and youll never know it. I spent several years dispatching and know from experience.

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
A D unit and there have been plenty of times in Taylor that there were over 10 trucks on the board and I've been knocked to the bottom for turning down a short run after having already ran one or two short runs already. Next time you're in Taylor ask your recuiter why I was asked to leave..if it's not because of turn downs I'll kiss your a$$ in front of the load 1 building and give you a week to draw a crowd!

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
LOL all your loads pay great? Last load I was offered by Mike paid the truck just over $1 a mile. I hate to burst your bubble but if you haul every load they try to get you to haul you'll be running for about $1.35 a mile ...hmmmm that's not great pay.

Ahhh.. I run a "Sprinter" type VAN...Ill run every load any company for $1.35 a mile all day..:D And beyond that, I posted my numbers, if they are great or not, is all relative I guess...

charlie4477

Seasoned Expediter
I agree with some of what you said. Still doesn't change what NO FORCED DISPATCH MEANS. One reason for turning down a short run...say to Toledo would be maybe because the person may have already ran 2 150 mile trips in a row and he knows he is gonna have to dead head back to Taylor to load out of Toledo....what do u think? How many short runs will you take in row?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I agree with some of what you said. Still doesn't change what NO FORCED DISPATCH MEANS. One reason for turning down a short run...say to Toledo would be maybe because the person may have already ran 2 150 mile trips in a row and he knows he is gonna have to dead head back to Taylor to load out of Toledo....what do u think? How many short runs will you take in row?

Everyone has to do whats right for them. I can understand short loads are not as profitable when driiving for an owner. That being said I do not expect dispatch to take that into consideration. If im at the yard with a bunch in front of me ill do shorties all day. If im top three on the list ill do none, well untill Karen starts with the sweetie stuff anyway. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.