Need to find a post by Turtle-

guido4475

Not a Member
Ryder has their own finance division...you even talk to them?

your van now has to worth a few grand....you could sell that and take right off the loan...

Thanks for the thought, but it still takes a decent credit score to even be thought of/considered to be financed through their finance company.

I gotta get off of here and get moving,and get some things done today.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Guido, Ryder has a private outside commerical lender that takes marginal credit scores,,the kicker is they will only go 36 months..

aileron

Expert Expediter
instead of thinking and listening to your big diesel anti sprinter buddies...think me, think Turtle, think Steady Eddie..the list goes on....with your ability....and mech knowledge....just DO IT...

Ken, I am right behind you all. I am at 392k on my 2004, and still going strong.

zero3nine

Veteran Expediter
Get the frickin sprinter...gee whiz.....no man should be his knees putting his pants on...looks kinda kinky...

I'm 6ft tall and have no problem standing up in my van to put pants on.... I just bend over at the waist.

I would likely have a sprinter if I could park it at my house. I'm really not willing to trade the convenience of parking in my driveway or even inside the garage for increased cargo space or sleeper room. The HOA rules in my neighborhood are very clear on this point. If it can't fit in the garage it can't sit in front of the house, period.

Besides I have a real problem with the fact that Chrysler has been bailed out with my tax dollars.... TWICE.

I'd love to get a Ford Transit when they make their way over here but I'm not moving out of this house any time soon..... so it's E350's from here on out for me.

fired at you from my Droideka

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Besides I have a real problem with the fact that Chrysler has been bailed out with my tax dollars.... TWICE.

Just an FYI

They were bailed out once with taxpayer money, the other time the US government guaranteed the loans and not one penny of tax payer money was ever used. They paid their loans back early and with the full interest not like now when the loans will be forgiven.

About the transit, don't believe all the rumors of it coming here in 2012, it may not make it and if it does, it will be a gasser.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Plus, the Sprinters are manufactured by Daimler AG of Stuttgart, Germany, not Chrysler. They've always been a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, going back to the joint venture with Volkswagen with the original body style of Volkswagen LT and the new body style Volkswagen Crafter. Taxpayer bailouts and loan guarantees have never affected the Sprinter one way or the other.