Mitt Romney

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If Obama would release his transcripts from high school and college we will know more about him. We can find out HOW he got into college and we will know more facts about him.

The ONLY reason that he would NOT release his transcripts is because he has something to hide.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The ONLY reason that he would NOT release his transcripts is because he has something to hide.

That's a logical fallacy, and is at the very heart of presumed innocent until proven guilty. The "if you have nothing to hide..." argument requires that people prove their innocence in response to any and all charges, no matter how ridiculous, and if they fail to do so they are guilty.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Not saying i disagree but there can be another reason. Much like his birth certificate they can point and say look at these crazy conspiracy theorist on the right. To the left it really is no different than the tax return issue is to the right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a logical fallacy, and is at the very heart of presumed innocent until proven guilty. The "if you have nothing to hide..." argument requires that people prove their innocence in response to any and all charges, no matter how ridiculous, and if they fail to do so they are guilty.

Yeah, I know. EVERY job that I have taken checked my transcripts if I claimed certain levels of education. When I hired people I checked their transcripts. Even high school students. It is rather standard when applying for a job. When you claim advanced education one should be willing to prove it. OR, no one should ever have too.

Innocent until proven guilty? ONLY politicians are given that right. Obama does not believe that the people of this country are innocent. He assumes that they will commit crimes and treats them as such. SO, what goes around, comes around.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yep. Two wrongs make a right. Until you are on the receiving end of a false charge. Then everything changes.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yep. Two wrongs make a right. Until you are on the receiving end of a false charge. Then everything changes.

Nope, two wrongs don't make a right. Equal does. He feels that he is above everyone else. I don't care. He is no good and he has already proven that. He is not capable of the job and proven that. It's passed transcripts. Besides, he already assumes that I have criminal ideas, so why should I care about him?

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Funny guy....:)

But really I found the Mormons a very controlling bunch....always watching what you were doing...their missionaries dropping in for a free meal on the guise of just in the area....you could see them looking around the house, they would always offer "guidance"....they are also very sexist...the men after service go to Bible class to learn the Book to become ministers, and the women went to the auxillary to learn cooking and quilting classes...

I agree, like today, men go off to war/bootcamp and the women usually stay home and keep the kids, and get them off to school, something men cant do really, sexist , I agree.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter

I bring up the transcripts because the OP, although favorable to Romney, is a comparison between the two candidates. The OP gives a rundown of Romney's accomplishments, but Obama's appears to be very underwhelming. It is not the OP's fault that Obama's resume in wafer thin.
Obam's success in the the private sector before entering politics has been pretty much a suxcess.
If Obama could release his transcripts we all could get a better idea about his accomplishments in school. The one's that were earned and the one's that shall we say were......finagled.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
If Obama could release his transcripts we all could get a better idea about his accomplishments in school. The one's that were earned and the one's that shall we say were......finagled.
Does it really matter at this point? Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about what his accomplishments were in school. The time to worry about all that was before he got elected, not three years afterwards. Those who will vote for him again, there is nothing in his academic records that will change their mind. Same holds true for those who will not vote for him. I know, for example, that I can't think of anything, even using the wildest of imaginations, that could possibly be in his college records that will make one bit of difference on how I vote this year. Not one thing. Doesn't matter how good it is, or how bad it is, it won't change my opinion of Obama or how I vote. Obama is about his last three years, not about some mysterious college records from long ago. His last three years stand alone.

Last edited:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I am still of the thinking that they are not the same. I still think Romney is the better of the two.
Just too many differences to say they are the same.
Granted Romney is not a huge improvement, but nonetheless, still an improvement.
As Turtle mentioned, we have three years of Obama to look at, and short of Bin Laden, the rest of it is a mess. Well.....then again, that was messy afterwards but the objective was accomplished.
At the end of the day, it really is coming down to these two. There are a few others running that have some good ideas but aren't remotely close to translating anything in to a vote.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The transcripts don't matter at this point for me either. Same should hold true for the Obama supporters demanding to see more years of Romney's tax returns. Not relevant. Obamas resume the last three and a half years as president is more than enough info for someone to decide on.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The transcripts don't matter at this point for me either. Same should hold true for the Obama supporters demanding to see more years of Romney's tax returns. Not relevant. Obamas resume the last three and a half years as president is more than enough info for someone to decide on.
But wait! There's more!

Ancestry website: Obama's mother descended from first US slave - U.S. News

I'm a little surprised where this genealogy tree leads back to. I would have thought that they would have been able to trace him back to Jesus Christ himself.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
NBC and the Obama campaign from Chicago. Two peas in a pod. I'm sure we will hear this story from them over and over and over again.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Agreed - the contents of Obama's college transcripts are irrelevant; but the fact that he continues to conceal them from the public IS. Wonder if Obama could get a security clearance if he were applying for a job with the FBI? Remember that he's on record saying that presidential candidates' lives are an open book and they (Romney) should release their tax records. That being the case, why not Obama's college records? As LOS stated, a lot of govt jobs require copies of transcripts. Part of the problem is that Obama wasn't vetted by the media or anyone else in the 2008 campaign; we can blame a lot of that on the miserable candidacy of John McCain and his managers.
Fast forward to today and Obama now has a record, and he obviously doesn't want to talk about it. Romney isn't the perfect candidate, but that person doesn't exist. Comparing Romney's resume to that of Obama, it's a clear choice between a record of decades of accomplishment as opposed to Obama's 3.5 years of failure as POTUS preceded by nothing worth mentioning.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Even if Obama were an open book, with stellar transcripts, and was wildly successful before becoming president, none of that matters in comparison to his reign as POTUS. As president he has failed utterly to make this country, it's people, and our place in the world, better than before he became president.

In fact, he's managed to make everything worse. Everything, if you can imagine that. Even his accomplishments that people can point to as good, all of them, every one of them, come with negative consequences, almost all them unintended consequences, which is the hallmark of bad decision making.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There is NO possible way that Obama could get the needed security clearences needed to have access to what he now has access too.

His lack of decission making ability is directly tied to the fact that he has NO kind of valid life/work experience. This is EXACTLY what happens when you put an entry level person in charge of something. THEN, add in the extremist ideas and we get what we have. A MESS!