July Locations 2011 ;) Dollas!!!

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
And will someone else pleaaase call Sirius and tell them to stop playing crappy music?!?! I already have and I'm about to cancel my subscription.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

You do know you can change the channel, don't you?:rolleyes:
Don't you have like 100 channels to choose from?

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Headed home and will be out of service until July18th!

Jury duty next week and the Roar on the Shore Motorcycle Rally... 50,000 M/C expected!!

Dave Martin
144" Sprinter

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Shade in Laredo!?!? LOL, yea right...don't you think all of those CV's and sprinters sitting at the "J" would already have taken up any shade if there were any to be had...LOL...

You didn't bring that big folding "canopy" with you did you...:D

I swear some of you guys either

[a] try to hard to be funny
are scared to think outside the box
[c] are too cheap to spend $1 on fuel to explore 3-4 miles past the truck parking lot
[d] All of the above

Under a tree:p

Yea I ended up finding some good shade in the Subway parking lot, had a good nap there. I had to wait about 30 mnutes for them to open up but I went and spent a dollar at MickeyD's and came back and they eere both open.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Things are running slow due to the shutdown, so if no load by tomorrow at 4 or 5 I'll probably be heading closer to Chicago. Iowa hasn't been kind to vans or Sprinters as of late according to dispatch.:eek:

I had a drop last Monday in Chicago, got an immediate pickup to go to Des Moines, Ia, dropped Monday night, sat till Wednesday around supper and decided to head towards Chicago and on myway to Chicago got a load for Thursday pickup.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
and the sun never moved, and you were in the shade all day....:rolleyes:

has for spending a "a dollar" to explorer 3-4 miles...lol...when in Laredo, I always spend alot more then a dollar and move more then 3-4 miles just to go out to eat....or to get a hotel rm....if it gets too hot....:D

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
and the sun never moved, and you were in the shade all day....:rolleyes:

has for spending a "a dollar" to explorer 3-4 miles...lol...when in Laredo, I always spend alot more then a dollar and move more then 3-4 miles just to go out to eat....or to get a hotel rm....if it gets too hot....:D

It didn't move in the 4 hrs I was there. I am not propely set up in this van so I need to do what I can to escape the elements. It made a huge difference, I could tell it was a few degrees cooler there than when I was driving, when I was driving all day,it didn't seem like my a/c was making an impact.

But it got me a nice little nap in case I won the lotto and got a load out right away. Sitting in the Motel 6 now with no laptop as my motherboard crashed this week. Thank god for a smart phone but it isn't nearly as useful or entertaining but can get the basics done.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
You do know you can change the channel, don't you?:rolleyes:
Don't you have like 100 channels to choose from?
Yeah, but it seems like 100 channels of crap music and repetitive talk shows...LOL. The antenna on my radio for the sprinter is broke from the previous driver so I can't get any stations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
awww...Laredo in the summer and Fargo in the winter...both great learning experiences for new drivers....:eek:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Still in Laredo, yesterday dispatch was called to see how it was looking, the answer, not good they have not gotten a load out of the entire state of Texas this week.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
Still in Laredo, yesterday dispatch was called to see how it was looking, the answer, not good they have not gotten a load out of the entire state of Texas this week.

Laredo here too, just emailed dispatch and asked him if it would be better if I moved to Dallas or something and he said it's pretty togh there too. He told me to give it 2-3 more hours but I'm sure I'll deadhead out tonight before they pay for another room.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Laredo here too, just emailed dispatch and asked him if it would be better if I moved to Dallas or something and he said it's pretty togh there too. He told me to give it 2-3 more hours but I'm sure I'll deadhead out tonight before they pay for another room.

They pay for your room? Who do you drive for?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
mcavoy33 brought me some good luck, just as I was meeting him I got a call, Laredo to Trotwood, OH, it doesn't pickup until tomorrow so I had to wait 6 days but at least its something.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
mcavoy33 brought me some good luck, just as I was meeting him I got a call, Laredo to Trotwood, OH, it doesn't pickup until tomorrow so I had to wait 6 days but at least its something.
Better than what some of us drivers are getting! And you won't be doing the Texas Hot Step and Docé do...lol

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Well, picking up a load in Roselle, IL going to Findlay, OH which if I don't get anything else this week I'll have a grand total of 907 miles.

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Oh..guess I didn't check the forecast on my phone....LOL hottest temp I've ever been in was 127 in Ft. Sill, Oklahoma during basic training. That sucked

Falligator

Expert Expediter
What do you season drivers with?:D
A bit of Saskatoon, Saskatchawan (I think) in March, a pinch of -10F in North Dakota (throw in some ice fog), a nasty ice storm in Missouri, and a stash of the Great Blizzard of Chicago in 2010 and I think ya got the right recipe. LOL

Last edited: