July Locations 2011 ;) Dollas!!!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just ran a load from Santa Ana, California all the way down to Chicago. Did 2k miles in 41hours. Just sitting here waiting to reload on Wednesday headed to Laredo for a Friday AM delivery. If I don't get a load out of Laredo by Saturday afternoon, i'm going to deadhead on down to Kansas City for Monday. Looks like the california boomerang trick worked again this time, got to spend 16 nice days at home running local jobs, and got a nice load to kick off the new month!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just ran a load from Santa Ana, California all the way down to Chicago. Did 2k miles in 41hours. Just sitting here waiting to reload on Wednesday headed to Laredo for a Friday AM delivery. If I don't get a load out of Laredo by Saturday afternoon, i'm going to deadhead on down to Kansas City for Monday. Looks like the california boomerang trick worked again this time, got to spend 16 nice days at home running local jobs, and got a nice load to kick off the new month!

DOWN to KC??? LOL....;)

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Hot chick in a bikini?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App
No, I wish there would have been! Lol Yeah, money for a motel for one night. Now sweatin to the oldies at the J south of Indianapolis. Ran the van pretty good this weekend and picked up in Menonomee Falls, Wi to Columbus, IN. Slow today it seems. Phew, It's hot down here today!!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
DOWN to KC??? LOL....;)

I never have luck in Laredo. So I will just drive right back out of there if I have to. I've already figured that into my rate per mile. Even if I have to leave Laredo empty, I still pocket 2100 dollars in 6 days. I'll take them numbers seeing as I didn't have to leave CA empty like I thought I was going to have to do. BAN THE VAN!!!

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yes, but why to KC?, if you need to DH, you always DH away from the freight ! make those Mil. count .

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Moose, if I do not get a load by Saturday Morning I will spend the hot weekend deadheading to KC during the day and sleeping at night when the temps drop. I will avoid idling and wasting the dead weekend headed to a better area. Last time I deadheaded to KC and got there Sunday night, got a 300 mile load that samew night and then a 1500 miler the next day. I could have sat in Laredo all weekend hoping for a "reduced rate load" to get back to michigan, but instead I got two full rate loads back to back. That's just the way I run my business!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yes, but why to KC?, if you need to DH, you always DH away from the freight ! make those Mil. count .

If I was delivering on a Tuesday or Wednesday, i'd hang tight. But the weekend and Monday and Tuesday is usually slow for vans in Laredo. I'm not gonna sit 6 days for a load. I don't sweat the 250 in fuel I'll drop to get back to a better freight lane. I usually find a small load along the way that ends up paying for my fuel. It could be like a San Antonio to Eagle Pass, or a Dallas to Oklahoma or some weird little thing like that.

LisaLouHoo

Expert Expediter
Home. OOS til....? Probably will want to get back out soon, having a heckuva time sleeping in our beds. So used to a foam mattress on a van floor, box fans, cuddling up with freight...all I have here is a pillowtop mattress, central air and a cat or two. Not getting good rest this way.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Picked up in Mentor, OH heading to Franklin, GA for a morning delivery.

cannedmeat27

Expert Expediter
ran a load from syracuse,ny to cincinnati,oh del late last night then ran a short load today from cincinnati,oh to circleville,oh now sitting at the pilot in columbus,oh waiting

paullud

Veteran Expediter
ran a load from syracuse,ny to cincinnati,oh del late last night then ran a short load today from cincinnati,oh to circleville,oh now sitting at the pilot in columbus,oh waiting

You should have posted that you were in Syracuse before I live in Utica which is about 40 miles away, I need someone to mow the lawn and water the plants.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Here is another one of them great reduced rate Laredo loads. lol.

Expedited Load

LAREDO, TX 78045

7/14/2011 11:00 CHURCH HILL, TN 37642
07/18/2011 08:00 07/13/2011 10:43
07/13/2011 11:43 CARGO VAN
1432 1

backhaul rate of 900.00 will get a this shipment!!

And you wonder why I hate sitting in Laredo!! ha ha.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here is another one of them great reduced rate Laredo loads. lol.

Expedited Load

LAREDO, TX 78045

7/14/2011 11:00 CHURCH HILL, TN 37642
07/18/2011 08:00 07/13/2011 10:43
07/13/2011 11:43 CARGO VAN
1432 1

backhaul rate of 900.00 will get a this shipment!!

And you wonder why I hate sitting in Laredo!! ha ha.

about .63 rounded off a mile....I could make money on that one...

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
about .63 rounded off a mile....I could make money on that one...

But that is the carrier rate. A carrier would get that load for 900 bucks and then take their cut and hand it down to the driver for like 600 or something like that. lol. I'd have to pass on that one. I have standards even if they are substandards. He he.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
But that is the carrier rate. A carrier would get that load for 900 bucks and then take their cut and hand it down to the driver for like 600 or something like that. lol. I'd have to pass on that one. I have standards even if they are substandards. He he.

Loads like that Load1 gives us the option to run it..and they have always gave us 100% of load....just to move us out...

I tend to look at the per mile averaged over the say last 3-4 loads....if my last 2 loads were at say $1.10-1.15 I could justify it iot by averaging the total over all the miles making it palatible.. so many look at just the 1 load at a time....I think that is flawed to some degree....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Loads like that Load1 gives us the option to run it..and they have always gave us 100% of load....just to move us out...

I tend to look at the per mile averaged over the say last 3-4 loads....if my last 2 loads were at say $1.10-1.15 I could justify it iot by averaging the total over all the miles making it palatible.. so many look at just the 1 load at a time....I think that is flawed to some degree....
I know one thing, the rates i've been running for lately, even though they are mostly 90 cpm, isn't enough money for me to have a van payment. If I stick to this business past this year, i'm gonna have to find me a carrier that pays me what i'm worth. The load I got out of California was a bit lower then my normal rate and I delivered it 9 hours early because the shipper wanted it there earlier. I shouldn't have provided high class service for a load that did not pay me a high class rate, but i'm a sucker for getting the job done whatever it takes. I just wish i'd be paid for my professionalism.