Health Insurance

wandtl

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
The wife and I are both in our 40s and we have Medicaid. Wert was quoted for 2 yrs@over 900 a month. We couldn't afford it. Come to find out we was doing it wrong. Every time you call they want your gross income and they tell you you have to pay x amount. Even explaining to them we have lot of write offs. Their reply don't matter we need your gross.

Fast forward I had to go to the hospital had a huge bill we couldn't afford. Hospital had assistance we signed up for they said we was denied based on our gross income.

So we went to H and R block and asked them what was going on and why we couldn't get help. She said it was very simple that the people was not using our schedule c form which was our income after all expenses including our per diem, fuel, repairs and what not.

Called the hospital back and told them they needed to look at schedule c and they informed me it was no charge. I called the market place and asked them why they didn't use my schedule c. They looked over it again and said I need to call Medicaid cause we qualify for it.

People are not afraid to take your money if you are not well informed. We drive a cargo van and I believe we are able to clear 32k after all our write offs since we are a family of 2. So that's a little info for cargo van drivers. Though I'm not sure that works for anyone driving a bigger vehicle.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure what happens when you try to use Medicaid out of state. Emergency care would be provided, but the emergency ends when you're admitted, so what then?

Reactions: Mailer

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The wife and I are both in our 40s and we have Medicaid. Wert was quoted for 2 yrs@over 900 a month. We couldn't afford it. Come to find out we was doing it wrong. Every time you call they want your gross income and they tell you you have to pay x amount. Even explaining to them we have lot of write offs. Their reply don't matter we need your gross.

Fast forward I had to go to the hospital had a huge bill we couldn't afford. Hospital had assistance we signed up for they said we was denied based on our gross income.

So we went to H and R block and asked them what was going on and why we couldn't get help. She said it was very simple that the people was not using our schedule c form which was our income after all expenses including our per diem, fuel, repairs and what not.

Called the hospital back and told them they needed to look at schedule c and they informed me it was no charge. I called the market place and asked them why they didn't use my schedule c. They looked over it again and said I need to call Medicaid cause we qualify for it.

People are not afraid to take your money if you are not well informed. We drive a cargo van and I believe we are able to clear 32k after all our write offs since we are a family of 2. So that's a little info for cargo van drivers. Though I'm not sure that works for anyone driving a bigger vehicle.

YES... AGI.....Adjusted gross income is the figure they should look at...after expenses.. I had 1 major hospital bill taken care of by hospital assistance....didn't want to go that way....but didn't want to claim bankruptcy over a false sense of pride issue either...

wandtl

Active Expediter
Owner/Operator
We explained our concern to Medicaid that we are out of state due to what wert do for work. They told us that hospitals would be covered surgery or anything needed. However perceptions are not.

I had an er visit that lead to 3 perceptions. 2 of which was on the Wal-Mart 4 dollar one was not and was 150 something. We have a free rx card as well on file which they used and it was 10 bucks.

We use to worry so much about insurance or if anything happened to either of us. Paying 900 plus for the marketplace just wasn't an option we felt we could do.

Being set on the right track has taken lots of stress away. People are suppose to use the schedule c for your true income. Even in the marketplace. For some reason they wanted to go by gross income regardless of the write offs. Telling them they are suppose to use the schedule c results in oops you're right.

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not sure what happens when you try to use Medicaid out of state. Emergency care would be provided, but the emergency ends when you're admitted, so what then?

Generally you are covered out of state. If continuation of care is required to save life, limbs or to stabilize the medical conditions until ones is stable to be discharged.

Best to check with your state guidelines.

ConfusedMuse

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
the Canadian health care system may be flawed as all Provinces are to my knowledge not the same. I have heard horror stories from the east as well as out here... here in BC it is based on your income, when I first came back & before I filed income tax, I was paying full premiums 72.00 @ month.... never paid more for doctor visit, but as long as you got generic drugs, your didn't pay through the nose for scrips. now I make a mere pittance, and my premium is nothing. today I went for follow up xrays... no charge, visit to emergency last week multiple xrays no charge, scrips are a fraction of the real cost, visit to doctor office 30 min, been longer as well as shorter, no charge. had major invasive surgery 2 years ago, no charge, in one day out the next... I don't miss $10,000 @ night Ford Hospital, premiums that continued to rise for no apparent reason. for a basically healthy individual who seldom sees a physician.... I can't complain.

rollincoal

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The Obamacare noose continues to tighten. Details here

For me it is cheaper to pay the penalty than to purchase overpriced Obamacare that covers nothing. What a lousy deal people like me have. We are forced to subsidize everyone else no matter what choice we make. My only option should I need any sort of medical care not covered by insurance, due to an auto accident or some such, is I would have to simply pay the bill. Which as it turns out is really not a bad option after all. Hospital bills are not like car loans or home mortgages where you have to pay a set amount each month or else. You can actually get interest waived on medical bills and as long as you are paying something no-one can really do anything to you.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for your service not all of us served though !

First year I used the ACA then I went to the VA after that.

Heck I served in the early 70's no need to thank me. It was a way to get out living in housing project in Long Beach ca

tknight

Veteran Expediter
First year I used the ACA then I went to the VA after that.

Heck I served in the early 70's no need to thank me. It was a way to get out living in housing project in Long Beach ca

Early 70's you must have been in nam, or lucky not to have been but thanks anyways!

HighTide

Active Expediter
I was defrauded by Prestige Delivery anf their insurance with Zurich N.A. and their occupational accident insurance, permenent disability. Also with bolt express with american fire insurance company occupational insurance company when i was severly poisoned with hazmat load ( i am not hazmat carrier) also when i lost my newly aquired truck and it was declared contaminated I got a new vehicle. Bolt sent a binder for the vehicle insurance, however it was fraudulant, no underwriter. They kept sending the bank worthless paper for three months. The bank finally called the underwriter which stated I have never been insured with this company for nearly a year. They then provided a legal binder but still refused to issue a policy to read, and the insurance was liability only not full coverage like they say and I recorded every conversation with them for over a year. Still seeking attorney and am in conversation with a few. Their is a big difference in attorneys who are corrupt and take your information and notify the company they are in brotherhood with and then their are attorneys that want to help, many cant because of the relationship these companies have with organized crime. Attorneys refuse to take case because it is dangerous to their health and financial future. BEWARE

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We will continue to evaluate our participation in individual public exchanges while gaining additional insight from the counties where we will maintain our presence, and may expand our footprint in the future should there be meaningful exchange-related policy improvements," CEO Mark Bertolini said in a statement.
Code for, "as soon as they let us stop accepting people with preexisting conditions."

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I everyone seems to forget that all these increases have to be approved by the states. It seems they are rubber stamping the increase like they did before Obama care

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The insurance companies were guaranteed that any losses would be covered by the government for the first several years if I remember right. So they let them raise prices to avoid subtracting from their personal slush fund.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The insurance companies were guaranteed that any losses would be covered by the government for the first several years if I remember right. So they let them raise prices to avoid subtracting from their personal slush fund.
They were till the republican congress passed a bill that stopped the payments, this was lead by Rubio.

Reactions: xiggi