February 2016 locations

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
Yes, yes, yes there are several ways to intentionally circumvent the word filters. You can use alternate spelling and characters, or you can post a picture of the censored word. Whether you use the actual word and we didn't have word filters, or you sneak it in around the filters by creative means, the end result is the same.
Slang term? No, the Code of Conduct doesn't prohibited the use of slang terms at all. It addresses vulgar language, though, and that particular word is generally in the default censored word list for most forums because it is most often used as a derogatory term or as an insult. Some words are considered to be vulgar regardless of usage. That particular word may or not be vulgar on its own, I guess it depends on the prudish level of the individual. In any case, it's rarely used as a compliment in polite conversation.

True. Not particularly referring to a person as that. More of the rates many/most brokers are covering loads for these days. "Wh0re rates". Certainly not directed at a particular person. I have absolutely no interest in the personal "affairs" of the brokers that seemingly go straight for the wh0re rate. But now we find ourselves in this place.
Just because we at Crossroads don't pay a sales staff doesn't mean we aren't suffering from what this market has become. But diligence and trying to add that nickel a mile as often as possible, one day hopefully......................
Post this morning. And a drect quote....."Looking for Cheap option".
Now, maybe they are up against LTL for a rate. I get that. But sure looks like, what LEOs call "soliciting". LOL!!!

Everything Apax

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Here's my "opinion" on Turtle's handling of this issue between he and I. He voiced an "opinion" to which I voiced an "opinion". My opinion is being viewed as a possible "disruption" to the subject matter of this thread. To any of you that took my reply as such I apologize, that was/is not my intent. With that being said I believe Turtle should be held accountable for his part in this disruption. I say this because he's a mod and could've handled this issue more befitting of a mod. He chose to continue contributing to the "disruption" by posting countless replies in the thread when he very easily could've messaged me privately. This will be my last response on this subject via this thread. If Turtle feels the need to suspend me over this last reply so be it or he could message me if this topic needs to be further addressed. Again, my apologies to all who feel my posts have been a disruption. Thank you. Now someone hand me a 5 hour power and let's knock these miles out!

Reactions: ntimevan

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
No. I may call what you SAY stupid, or what you DO stupid, I might even ASK if you ARE stupid, but I'll never actually call YOU stupid. Or any other name, for that matter.
You should probably post your definition of "insult" so that everyone will know what it is. Disagreeing with you is not an insult. Calling you a newbie is not an insult.
I don't think I've ever used the phrase "bad taste commenting" in my life, but I suppose that's as good a phrase as any. You got Thread Banned for attacking a member for something that didn't even happen on EO, and for talking down to members and deriding them, and for generally being confrontational and disrespectful.

"Turtle, theres lots of slang words and typos in there, so ready yourself before reading it!"

To clarify, then i'm totally done w/ this as I fell asleep last night during the rants, Turtle, you belittle at every turn & expect folks to turn a blind eye to it cuz of who you are here, the "bad taste commenting, but I suppose that's as good a phrase as any." I was referring to what happened in MY own words & yet you belittle me cuz I dont speak as elegantly as you. You had remarked toward ME the word Stupid, you cant put sprinkles on a pile of dog poo then call it a cupcake. No matter how YOU feel it wasnt an insult, attack or degrading, to ME it was. Theres hundreds of more polite ways of stating how YOU felt concerning what I did, thats like telling a complete stranger you pass by on the street corner "Hey! That was pretty stupid of you to walk across the street while the lights green!" How bout just a "hey brotha, be careful out there, you could get hurt". Just like to YOU, I attacked a member but to ME I simply called him out on a matter and I reread everything I said to him & not once did I ATTACK him in MY opinion because isnt that what all THIS is about? Opinions on what YOU & I feel are wrong & right? And I acknowledge the fact I may have came off abrasive & a lil' harsh as most yall dont know me yet & the fact your gonna get kudos for saying/doing things here because your RESPECTED & a mod/admin here but were all prone to passing incorrect judgement of others as has happened here.

The gentleman I confronted concerning the video told me he would holler at me when he got to said location w/ said info I asked of him. He did not, instead continued onward with other videos, questions answered of others for DAYS etc. So I called him out on it, did NOT attack him, folks in that community have a habit of being lime lite wh0res, subb snatchers, they want, want, want but dont give in return etc. I was putting him on notice of such thing. I am not one of those people, occasionally i'll toss sig link but thats it less it comes up in conversation such as his/mine earlier.

"A mans word is the most valuable thing he can give someone"

And yes fifaref2, ill be letting it go now. I just dont like my name being smeared due to false accusations as well as others being misinformed on the actions of others.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Here's my "opinion" on Turtle's handling of this issue between he and I. He voiced an "opinion" to which I voiced

Oh man, Your going to make me read backwards as I normal skip over items not related to locations. Big of ya to apologize for what ever reason and I'm thinking the Turtle won't be needing last word on anything. He has rules he has to follow and is big enough to look the other way most of the time.. I'm sure you will be fine.
With that said and to stay on track of this thread Im at home waiting on the results of Winter Storm JuJu, after she opened the seed catalog again

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Oh man, Your going to make me read backwards as I normal skip over items not related to locations. Big of ya to apologize for what ever reason and I'm thinking the Turtle won't be needing last word on anything. He has rules he has to follow and is big enough to look the other way most of the time.. I'm sure you will be fine.
With that said and to stay on track of this thread Im at home waiting on the results of Winter Storm JuJu, after she opened the seed catalog again
I'm thinking I need to order some cat-o-nine tails to whup the kids with! Lol

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
Sometimes, most times it's better to zip it and take the high road after you've stated your opinion. Most here don't care how you appear or that you need to keep beating a dead horse in defending yourself. I think we like good solid arguments going back and forth on great topics. This IMO isn't one. This mentality of I have to be right or out do the other is so da$n petty. This back and forth is so childish playground :censoredsign:. And for heavens sake I don't give a da$n how many 'likes' or NOT this gets or if someone doesn't follow up on their statement of when they may do something. And with that I'm done.

Reactions: jujubeans

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
So that there is no misunderstanding, if you call anyone out publicly on EO for something that didn't happen on EO, be it in a private Conversation, a phone call, email, face-to-face, on another Web site, etc., it is an attack (or confrontational, take you semantical pick) and invariably off-topic, and will be dealt with accordingly.

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Are you concerned with long runs driving straight through with no sleep? Worried about the potential dangers and risks involved? Need not worry any longer. I have created the most effective, long-lasting, and healthy proprietary blend of liquid IV drip. It is full of vitamins and nutrients. Do you find yourself falling asleep at the wheel ? does the road start to look blurry? Worry we no longer. For today only I will provide you the 500 milliliter bag, stint, mounting hardware,and tubing. In addition you get a one month supply of my own proprietary blend of getty up and go, all for the low low price $ 45.95.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
So my GPS has gotten me lost several times this week and routed me ways that don't even remotely make sense. Like right now on I64 in Virginia the thing doesn't recognize the road as existing. I wasted $150 on this piece of crap product. It doesn't make sense