February 2016 locations

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
What is the real truth about the low wage in Texas. has it been slow this week and last week. is anybody swore off Texas. I was in Dallas yesterday was there 4 days days dh to little rock. I asked to get out of Texas what is the deal 45 to $0.60 per mile and the customer found it cheaper

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is the real truth about the low wage in Texas. has it been slow this week and last week. is anybody swore off Texas. I was in Dallas yesterday was there 4 days days dh to little rock. I asked to get out of Texas what is the deal 45 to $0.60 per mile and the customer found it cheaper
That's the price you have to pay to get out of TX. I tore TX out of my atlas last Aug. when I sat there all week with no load offers. Will not go back again unless it's to put the icing on the cake (week) and then bug out or turn and burn as some will say.
Now as it being slow, yes this is the first week of the month which is generally the slowest week of the month as well as this is Feb. and it can be just as brutal as Jan. Mar. Should slowly get better with Apr. adding more chanches. By the way you should already know this as part of your investigation work prior to starting this line of work. That's why we recommend doing your due diligence and find this stuff out before hand. Just my 2 cents.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's best to go into Texas on a high note because likely you'll come out in the low note... Add your in and out together for the average...
Example if you go in at $1.00 and get a lucky .70 out..., that's an .85 average ... Which works out...

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Pretty funny I like that tore out of your atlas. anyway thanks for the good insight. yes I will not be returning. now I am swore off Texas about four times prior this last trip done me in. Just got dispatched picking up One tomorrow delivers Friday picking up in Arkansas jonesboro going to Battle Creek. I need to get to Ohio anyway.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Browsing the seed catalogs and watching Fox News!
FOX News? Must be planning on planting some organic Cruz veggies, They pop up early & often and say what you want to hear, or, some Trump cabbage - smells like Skunk cabbage but you can't stop yourself from smelling it, or even some Rubio radishes, brilliant red color, but inside filled with fertilizer for next weeks harvest?

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
It's best to go into Texas on a high note because likely you'll come out in the low note... Add your in and out together for the average...
Example if you go in at $1.00 and get a lucky .70 out..., that's an .85 average ... Which works out...

Not if its 500 mi in and 1200 out...

Reactions: Murraycroexp

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
My nice relaxing 11:45 p.m. delivery time to Pharr Texas just turned into a hot load needing to be there by 8 p.m. tomorrow night.....

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
As far as I'm concerned NJ fuel is not that cheap anymore.
Just filled up the second time today in Parsippany for $1.599 for a gallon of diesel. Works for me.

On my way down to Virginia for an early AM delivery.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Reactions: ntimevan

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
FOX News? Must be planning on planting some organic Cruz veggies, They pop up early & often and say what you want to hear, or, some Trump cabbage - smells like Skunk cabbage but you can't stop yourself from smelling it, or even some Rubio radishes, brilliant red color, but inside filled with fertilizer for next weeks harvest?
12508744_1188093924552301_3109806640365017418_n.jpg
I gather our politics are a mite different?

Tim Xpedites

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just filled up the second time today in Parsippany for $1.599 for a gallon of diesel. Works for me.

On my way down to Virginia for an early AM delivery.
Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I filled up once in Saginaw Michigan today at 1.49 a gallon and I just filled up again here in Indiana I-69s at 1.49 a gallon

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

ysracer

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am good at .70 for 1200.... Different strokes for different folks...
There's math for every different situation... Doesn't work for you... Works for me....so goes the world

Whoa, tell me more about this new math. I can't get .85 in that example no matter what I try, always .788. Kids today...... :fishing:

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whoa, tell me more about this new math. I can't get .85 in that example no matter what I try, always .788. Kids today...... :fishing:
Not that example.. I SAID $1.00 in and .70 out = .85 cent I didn't mention miles YOU mentioned about the 500 in and 1200 out...your numbers work out to .788

Reactions: ntimevan

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Had a load picking up in Clinton nc today, when I got there the truck dock was flooded, the water was not far from the top. Told the guys there I can't back in there as I didn't want my differential ruined. Thankfully they didn't give me that much grief about it, I backed my truck into the building and they loaded me up, took a little longer, but that was ok.