DRIVER WINS AGAIN

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
[/i]"When one has to "wade" thru a mountain of crap to get to an answer or valuable tidbit, then a "helpful" forum becomes just another internet bully board."[/i]

Oh, then you're gonna luv this...

Flip...

"The reason I originally posted here was to help answer others questions and to perhaps find an answer or 2 myself....that kind of response to a real problem is the type of stuff i am referring to."

Flop...

"I WANT TEA!!!! and if dave does not give it to me it is because our carrier does not care!!!!!"

Splat!

"p.s very hard to see any valuable info here lately due to all the "sludge"

Hi, my name is Larry, this is my brother, Darryl, and this is my other brother, Darryl.

Ladies and gentleman, hoboes and tramps, cross-eyed mosquitoes, and bowlegged ants. I stand here before you, not behind you, to tell you something I know nothing about. Last night about 6:00 this morning, an empty truck loaded with bricks almost killed my dead cat. We rushed him to the hospital, slow as we could, only to find King Arthur, sitting at the fourth corner of the round table eating vinegar with a fork.

Most people don't realize that large pieces of coral, which have been painted brown and attached to the skull by common wood screws, can make a child look like a deer.

Eventually, all men come out of the bathroom dressed as a majorette.

"Get it while it's hot! Get it while it's buttered!" - Bugs Bunny

Slow and steady, even in expediting, wins the race - Aesop

60MPH

Expert Expediter
cherii I am leased to tri-state they pay you .15 cents a mile after the 1st 50 miles. So if I asked to be moved to the youngstown board for example it would pay approx 260 to 270 miles when I actually would drive 320 miles to get there. Tri sate is very good about moving you out of bad area's to a better area if there is a need for van's there which there always is. I have never been turned down for a bonus when I was in a bad area for a van. Just like tomorrow I will drop in watertown sd. and they will bonus me to the twin cites approx 200 miles from here. I know .15 cents a mile for a van ain't much but its better than nothing.

60MPH ALL DAY-EVERY DAY

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
60mph....If your van gets 20mpg then .15pm equates to $3.00 per gallon thats alot better then "ain't much"

G

Today I have 12 days in Detroit..I can wait 1 year and I don't move my truck without a decent load...and I'm not the only one who's waiting here...What I know for sure is some drivers got 1st out for over 200 miles run in Canada and they use it in Detroit and some drivers here waiting for some freight to come...The reality is Panther don't care...their favorites are fleet owners whitout them is out of business..because a driver have to accept everything, he cannot afford to move empty..I met a driver who's got a 85 miles run and 140 miles in one week..Can you please tell me who made money after that? I'll tell you: Panther... I can afford to lose but I cannot wait to see what gonna be next after oil price is gonna be 200$..already 100 :) wait for OPEC to sell oil for Euro

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Remus....12 days and counting? And just what size trip, mileage wise is going to make up for these lost 12 days?
And my wife says I have a stubborn streak!!! Good Luck!!

60MPH

Expert Expediter
your right ovm when fuel is 3.00 it covers the cost of just the fuel but here in SD. today fuel is 3.55 a gallon, I get 23-24 mpg so it still covers it, BUT I look at my total operating cost which is .42 thru .44 cent's a mile to move the van "that's all of my van related expenses based on the 120k miles I drive a year" That's just the way I do it, I find it is easier to put the .42-.44 a mile away in my truck account at the end of the week and keep the rest for my self. just like this week for example I drove 2440 total miles only 1903 of them were load so that's 537 empty. And I will put away $1049.20 of it in my truck account, that's 2440 x .43 = 1049.20 this way I always have money in my truck account to operate the van no matter what AND YES THE VAN ALWAYS GET'S MORE MONEY THAN I DO NOW-A-DAYS, IN CASE YOU WERE WONDERING my truck account has more money than I do in my personal account and I own the van WHAT'S UP WITH DAT!!!!!

60MPH ALL DAY-EVERY DAY

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
remus, define "decent load" specifically so it's crystal clear to everyone exactly what offer would get you moving. You've lost at least 10 days of potential revenue. Do you have a bank that only charges on days you are actually running or do payments accrue all these days you are sitting? If you only owe for days running I want to switch to your bank. I guess I also need to switch to your landlord and utility companies too because mine charge for every day whether I'm running or not.

One of my teams had an offer of a 212 mile run. They didn't really want it because it isn't a "team" load by most people's standards. It wasn't even a "good" load by some. They took it anyway. The day after delivery they loaded on a 683 mile run. The same day as that delivery they loaded an 2300 miler across the country. That load that wasn't "decent" handed them another 3000 miles they never would have gotten if they'd sat 12 days wherever they were.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

G

11/15/07 load offer ..Romeo, MI Elkton, MI..85 miles..next one same day Warren, MI ..Troy, MI 18 miles..so that's what I got in 12 days 100% in service, on time, safety..64 acceptance after I turn those two..if you notice Panther mathematics is very strange if you take a load your percentage goes up 1% if you turn down a load goes down 3% ..maybe I'm wrong but I can prove it

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
60mph...Welcome to SD. I live on the upper west side and it's 3.72 up here! 23-24mpg? you drive a sprinter?

Leo..I see you got my point about the cost of sitting as well!
Last Friday we unloaded in Romeo and we were like 10th out! Express One ain't as big a P2 and experience told me to beat a path real quick out if I wanted a run Friday to finish the week so we drove down to the J at 280 and within an hour we got a paid trip home..Panthers famous Bucyrus going to Gwiner North Dakota. There were 6 vans and 2 straights sitting in Walmart lot in Bucyrus and just to tease them I honked my horn on way by! LOL

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
Hey Turtle,

Sounds like I may have been the one who loaded the plane that you unloaded in Owensboro. The plane I loaded originated in San Antonio. And I chose to take the load for many of the same reasons you took the load at the delivery end. If nothing else I got some extra pocket change to survive through the weekend until next round of freight. PS-do you need an extra pallet and tote cover that won't fit on a little jet aircraft?

eb

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
remus..Detroit is famous for short runs and you sit and turn them down? I am having a hard time grasping your thinking.

If P2 is like alot of other companys they(dispatch) have given up on you and will not call unless they have no others or call when they know you'll refuse and force you out.

All of us have this so called right of refusal BUT that only goes so far...As much as we think we're in control...it's not so...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
OVM, Gwinner is butiful this time of year, specialy if a good run save you from a DH home. Most folks really don't understand what they are up against in this business. The diversity of folks is amazing to me. A lot of em probably can't believe someone actually lives up there, and a run to the Dakotas would be a welcome thing to anyone. And, as a result, were waiting for an upped ante to go there. Not too bright. Its just part of growing up I guess. Good to read Leos drivers it seems have loosened their pucker factor a bit to see where the wind blows them. But, most i'm sure have listened to enough of the truck stop expert expediters that they have tunnel vision by now.

Dave, oooo, ahhhh, feels good to get some of that stuff the touchy feely types don't like to read off my back, do it again real soon.

Remus, I really don't know what to type to you.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I cant believe i just waisted my time reading this thread.Its hard to believe anyone would sit 12 days without getting at least 1 run offer that would get them to a better area,and I dont care who your leased to.Maybe you should try a different business,you seem to be making bad business decissions.

60MPH

Expert Expediter
OVM, no sprinter for me I got a 3500 express with a D-max I can get that milage @ 60mph which is what I drive 99% of the time if I kick it up to 70 my mileage goes down to 18-19mpg. I am in watertown today I drop tomorrow morning here. then I will be on my way to the twin cities, can't sit here because I don't have cell service between sioux falls and fargo and I will not get a offer if they can't call me, most of everything out here is internet loads and they call before they bid because there usually is no trucks in the area I am the only tri-state van in SD,ND and MN today in service. wish I had my sprint phone today it works up here.... stupid nextel!!

60MPH ALL DAY-EVERY DAY

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
60mph..the T/A on the west side is a tad better then the T/A on the east side of Mn/StP..if thats where ya going to sit.

Any trip going to the Dakotas pays our way home! One mans garbage is anothers gold!

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
remus, what is a "decent load"? What defines the line in the sand where you cross or don't cross? Are you at home there or are you living in your van the last 12 days?

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB
OOIDA Life Member 677319, JOIN NOW
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

G

I'm at home and I'm not the only one sitting here there are some other trucks, if someone from Panther read this they can confirm trucks #11746, 11828, 11095 I can continue...you want more?

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
If I sit more than 3 days somewhere I'm looking to relocate, especially Detroit. I live in Cincinnati, which has always been a good place for loads, so if I'm anywhere close to home I'll just head home and wait there. It doesn't cost me as much to keep the house warm at night and my wife's cooking is better than any truck stop.

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Is anyone surprised, by remus sitting 12 days, when he does not even know what a mini is? your wasting your breath.