Cargo Van Dodge ProMaster

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I'm going 2. It's lol that they lose a $31K plus van. 2 bad they didn't lose it 4 good. Van is now on a tow 2 dealer after tow comp paid the $90 storage fee which was less than 12 hours. These tow comp said they charge $6 per mile for cust and $3 pm 2 the roadside clubs. We're all in the wrong line of work.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Van located in Gary F'n IN. Chrysler called 4 tows last night. 1 picked it up but they didn't know who. They called a 5th this morning and he showed up no van. Chrysler tracked it down. 33 miles to Skokie, but no let's tow it to Gary. Now it's on another tow comp truck to Skokie. How they respond will be huge. So far I have a verbal commitment to pay my average daily $$$ I'm set to lose. Issue could be the battery. I'm leaving out some details to save u the headache. Waiting for corp rep call back.

Key was stuck in position but wouldn't start, acted like shifter stuck. 1 tow guy said battery was low and they've seen in these new dodges that even a light left on or door open it can cause battery to lose a cell and u cannot start van. What a crock. So if it ever loses power going down the road then do we now have a GM issue of the ignition and no power?

Sprinters won't start with low battery either as far back as 05 to my knowledge maybe further....seeing the Promaster is from Europe having that issue is not surprising.....keeps you from cranking and cranking and burning out the starter....

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Gone are the days when the vehicles were simple. Whoever runs and buys a promaster or a transit because the sprinters are overcomplicated will soon discover that these vehicles are just the same as the sprinter. All of them are these days.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
IMHO.
You should go to Dodge's Facebook page and copy and paste every single one of these posts there.
No manufacturer wants to make a lemon but they all do on occasion. Put a spotlight on it.

I posted on dodges page but it's under another guys post, his name is Rodney. Wouldn't post under my name as a new post.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Do you have a QC if so try removing the power at the fuses. My sprinter did the same thing and it was wires touching

My promaster just stranded me at a dock after was loaded. Waiting tow now. Luckily I'm near home. Had other issues w/ it and called chrysler and filed complaint. So far I have a free rental set up because dealer said they don't do loaners. Van issues today is key stuck in ignition, looks like it's stuck between reverse and park. Shifter won't budge. Rocked van back n forth and didn't help. Service air bag, license plate bulb, lower rad hose and the recall bs. I have a promaster rep assisting me and they provided the free rental I'll pick up in a few. I told her where they can stick this promaster.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Sprinters when they first came out had lots of problems and no parts, now look at sprinters.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I have a Qualcomm. Dealer blames me. Said it was a fuseable link connected to battery and was caused by inverter pulling to many amps. I informed them that the inverter and deep cycle battery haven't been used since February and then their story was this link was broken. It hooks to the battery under the feet. They are fixing it as a 1 time courtesy. The service rep I 1st talked to didn't say anything about it broken. Should be done tomorrow. Rental car now for free. Talk real $ tomorrow for 3 days of no loads. Whatever dodge is worth will be spoken tomorrow. For their sake I might just pray 4 them tonight.

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I'm get the honda generator and not deal w/ this crap again. I was getting the generator anyways. All I run off of it is tv, ps3.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
If this hadn't happened, block it out of your mind, what would you have said a day or two ago, how do you like the Promaster ?

fifaref2

Seasoned Expediter
I like the PM still. Will I like dodge corporate after tomorrow, we'll see. So far so good. Do I like chrysler roadside, hell no.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He'd complain if you hung him with a new rope !

I would not suggest coming near with ANY kind of rope, new or otherwise. Hunkering is not the ONLY I have learned in my 60+ years! (City people, geez)

Now, get back on topic. No fun allowed.