Child support claim rankles sperm donor to lesbian couple

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can't take your own [oft given] advice and move?:confused:
'No one is forcing you to live here', right? Go live in a military dictatorship where you won't be expected to show compassion for those less 'able' than yourself.
If you're not willing to follow your own advice, then you should stop giving it.

Guess what, I am NOT one of the bums. Compassion? All your so called compassion has done is make things worse. All welfare as done is create a welfare state. It has NOT done it's job. It has NOT ended poverty or even slowed it. It has CREATED dependence.

ABLE? It took no special able. All it took was NOT sitting on my butt waiting for someone else to cover MY responsibility. I had NO special education, just high school. I did the rest by HARD WORK.

Don't tell ME to move, I EARNED the right to live where I choose, I even pay for that myself. If YOU want to live is a society where the government dictates charity, YOU move. This country was meant for FREEDOM lovers.

It is the leftist dictators that are USING FORCE, not I. All I expect is every able bodied adult to what I did, EARN their way through life. Don't tell me it can't be done, because it can. Is it easy? Nope. NOTHING worth having is.

Under our Constitution I am ENTITLED to own private property, which includes mine, and my wife's, wages. I will use MY wages to contribute to the chairity(s) of MY choice, of my own free will, not buy force. I am SICK of hearing about fair, fair is everyone pulling their OWN weight and covering their OWN responsibility. Don't forget one thing that should be taught and learned by the second grade, life ain't fair, get over it!

THAT is freedom, what you want is the Marxist dictatorship.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver

If you don't want to move to a place that suits your ideas of right & wrong, then stop telling others to do it - they 'earned' the right the same as you did.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you don't want to move to a place that suits your ideas of right & wrong, then stop telling others to do it - they 'earned' the right the same as you did.

I will stop telling others to do what they SHOULD be doing when THEY stop FORCING me to do what I don't CHOOSE to do.

Nope, they EARNED NOTHING, unless they really EARNED it, through their OWN EFFORTS!

Right and wrong? What could there POSSIBLY be WRONG with EARNING your what through life?

We are ALL given one shot at life. We are ALL given a set of talents. It is each person's responsibility to make the MOST of every talent given, and every minute that we have. No one should EVER sell their life short.

There are, when speaking of able bodied people, two kinds of people out there. One can either be an engine of society, and drive it forward, OR, an anchor and hold it back.

Each person is in the position in life that they are by the sum of their own choices. In other words, when you make your bed, you lay in it and don't expect other's to cover your slack for you. (don't mean you in that sentence, you in general).

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I will stop telling others to do what they SHOULD be doing when THEY stop FORCING me to do what I don't CHOOSE to do.

Every time I think you've said the craziest thing ever, you manage to top it.

What is crazy about that? What gives ANYONE, even government the right or authority to DEMAND, at gun point, that hard working people MUST support those, that for the most part, CHOOSE not to support themselves? How does FORCED charity enhance freedom?

I am not telling anyone what to do, other than what is already THEIR responsibility. I, and everyone else who earns a wages is being TOLD to assume all or part of someone else's responsibility. What one does by that is tell the bum that he/she/it cannot make it on their own and that they MUST be cared for. How sad. The only thing worse is accepting that assessment of one's self.

I am, and you are, running an expediting business, by our OWN choice. Why we are in this position, liked or other wise, is, for the most part, due to our own life choices, good or bad.

FREEDOM is found ONLY in self reliance. Anything less is slavery.

There are PLENTY of Marxists countries for bums to live in. Why not leave this one for those who WANT to succeed? After all, there should be one place on this earth where the government and bums don't control everything.

I am sick, tired and fed up with the 'anchors' holding by MY boat. When I give to charity, I will one, decide how much, and two, decide who I will give that charity too. I give to those in NEED, not who just want it.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I happen to know a few gay people, too, and not one of them is the same as as hetero people. They're all hardwired differently than heterosexuals, and because of that they see most issues differently, including thinking homosexuality is normal. It's not. The very hard-wiring that drives the desire to reproduce is not and cannot be present in homosexuals, because they are not sexually attracted to someone they can procreate with, so their desire to procreate is politically motivated far more than it is biologically motivated. The fact that homosexuality exists in natural is quite natural, and it's normal that it exists, but homosexuality in and of itself is not normal, otherwise they could procreate on their own.
That is the biggest hunk of bullcrap ive heard in a while.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
are you ok with letting the kids go without enough to eat, decent clothing, a safe place to live, basic medical care? [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
I'm not.
Then you get out your checkbook and keep your hands off everyone else's.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Lest we forget, the VERY same scumbag Marxist dog politicians that have NO problem taking away our RIGHT to own private property, wages, are the SAME scumbag Marxist dog politicians that are working HARD to take away our ABSOLUTE RIGHT to defend our families, homes, State and Country, in DIRECT contradiction of our Bill of Rights. Not that they give a crap about our rights.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Jesus said, "The poor you will always have with you." That's why general entitlements will never end poverty, no matter how many wars are declared on it. With individual charity, you can direct charity to the deserving. Giving to the rest is flushing money down a rathole. You could give them all a million dollars and they'd be broke again in 5 years.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
" You could give them all a million dollars and they'd be broke again in 5 years."

Generally speaking, people only cherish and respect what they earn.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
They already can't reproduce. No one should be allowed to help them pretend.
The facts on the ground - a child conceived and born by one of the two individuals who I assume you are referring to - would seem to indicate a flaw in your premise ...

They can reproduce - that much is quite clear.

The fact of the matter is, what you really object to are the arrangements made with respect to how (and with who) that reproduction occurs and/or is accomplished, and the manner and familial circumstances in which the result of it is raised and cared for.

In my book there is nothing wrong with that (your disagreement) as a matter of personal mores and belief - provided you are not attempting to impose your will on them.

Given that these things are largely personal and private matters between consenting adults and do not impact you directly, one would think that for a professed (small L) libertarian the "live and let live" paradigm would apply ...

It seems me that if you are who you claim to be, any gripes you may have ought to be directed at the State ... who, as it always does, is attempting to compel someone with force to do something against their will ...

Last edited:

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
The facts on the ground - a child conceived and born by one of the two individuals who I assume you are referring to - would seem to indicate a flaw in your premise ...

They can reproduce - that much is quite clear.
No, quite the opposite. It's clear that they didn't reproduce. One of them reproduced with a man.
It seems me that if you are who you claim to be, any gripes you may have ought to be directed at the State ... who, as it always does, is attempting to compel someone with force to do something against their will ...
There are plenty of things the state may compel someone to do, though mostly it's that one refrain from doing something. That sexual deviants not be allowed to rear children is one of them, and that people who reproduce -- the male & female -- not allow their minor child to starve is another.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
No, quite the opposite. It's clear that they didn't reproduce. One of them reproduced with a man.
You're failing to understand what I wrote - I didn't say they reproduced with each other ... just that one of them reproduced.

Try going with what I actually wrote ... rather than the argument you would prefer to construct.

This was in response to your somewhat careless comment: "They already can't reproduce ..."

Your statement is true only to the extent it focuses on the sum of the whole, and ignores the parts that compose it.

At least of one of the two individuals involved has demonstrated that they are quite capable of reproducing.

Again, as I pointed out earlier: your objection rests on the lifestyles of the parties involved, the manner in which conception occurred and for whose apparent benefit it was, and who will constitute the de facto "parents" and the "family" of the child in terms of raising and caring for it.

At the point where you interject "No one should be allowed to help them pretend ..." and mean thereby that the force of the State should be used to deny these two individuals their right to have a private, consensual relationship of their own choosing as adults possessed of rights, and to jointly raise a child, which is the child of one of them by birth, you have moved from being an libertarian to an authoritarian ...

And - arguably - one of the worst varieties of authoritarian possible (IMHO): a religious one ...

There are plenty of things the state may compel someone to do, though mostly it's that one refrain from doing something.
Indeed ... although the fact that the state can compel is in no way any evidence of the morality of it - states quite frequently do immoral and unethical things.

Humble2drive

Expert Expediter
There is a big difference between the facts and your interpretations. You obviously can't tell the difference.

On second thought. Maybe you should have someone read the articles to you.
There is a big difference between reading and comprehending. You obviously have trouble with the former and are incapable of the latter.

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
You're failing to understand what I wrote - I didn't say they reproduced with each other ... just that one of them reproduced.

Try going with what I actually wrote ... rather than the argument you would prefer to construct.

This was in response to your somewhat careless comment: "They already can't reproduce ..."

Your statement is true only to the extent it focuses on the sum of the whole, and ignores the parts that compose it.
Yes, and that's they. Someone else first mentioned that they can't reproduce, and they can't. If a normal couple can't have a baby because of a problem on the man's part, they can't reproduce. His wife could, because she could couple with another man, but they can't. And this lesbian couple, like any other, can't, but either could couple with a man and do so, assuming no other problems. Because a male/female couple is natural, and a same sex "couple" isn't. See how easy that is?
At least of one of the two individuals involved has demonstrated that they are quite capable of reproducing.
No, that she is, not they.
At the point where you interject "No one should be allowed to help them pretend ..." and mean thereby that the force of the State should be used to deny these two individuals their right to have a private, consensual relationship of their own choosing as adults possessed of rights, and to jointly raise a child, which is the child of one of them by birth, you have moved from being an libertarian to an authoritarian ...

And - arguably - one of the worst varieties of authoritarian possible (IMHO): a religious one ...the fact that the state can compel is in no way any evidence of the morality of it...
You should steer clear of the moral argument. You come up short there.
Either Christ is Lord of all, or not at all. So when God says :censoredsign:gotry is immoral, then it is. Full stop.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Yes, and that's they. Someone else first mentioned that they can't reproduce, and they can't.
... someone else ?

If a normal couple can't have a baby because of a problem on the man's part, they can't reproduce. His wife could, because she could couple with another man, but they can't. And this lesbian couple, like any other, can't, but either could couple with a man and do so, assuming no other problems. Because a male/female couple is natural, and a same sex "couple" isn't. See how easy that is?
I see how easy it is for you address the argument you want to create, or the premise you'd like to construct ... rather than substantively address what I actually wrote ...

No, that she is, not they.
Learn proper accepted usage of the English language before you presume to lecture others on it - from the good folks over at Merriam-Webster:

They - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

The use of "they" as a singular pronoun is acceptable usage, when used in a gender non-specific manner. A good example (paraphrased/inspired from the comments) might be:

"The person standing in front of me really smelled. They really ought to have taken a bath."

You should steer clear of the moral argument. You come up short there.
What I'm really interested in addressing is your apparent morphing from a small "L" libertarian into an apparent statist authoritarian ...

Something, somehow, seems somewhat amiss with that ... :rolleyes:

Regardless of that, it still remains that the ability of the State to compel (through force, or the threat thereof) is no assurance of any inherent morality of what they seek to compel ...

If it were otherwise, armed robbers would, no doubt, be looked on as holy men ...

Last edited:

moose

Veteran Expediter
Yes, some people should not be allowed to reproduced.
even when religious practices are in place.
you call it murder, playing god, i call it life saving.
the pain, suffers, and yes, costs, associated with razing such person, IMHO, outnumbers the medical abortion process.
Le'me'xpline...
"the mapping of human genome project".
the mapping of the human genome project, is the larges scientific achievement of modern medicine.
via this unique codes we can now predict many birth defects early in the pregnancy.
we can also alert parents of potential problem with a future pregnancy, and prevent ill baby's from being born.
we can inform individuals, that they belong to a risk group, and alert doctors to look for a specific gene.
in today modern society, there's no rezone what so ever for giving birth to a retarded child.
there are many predicted genetic disorders.
the main problem we face, is that too many doctors/couples are unaware of what to look for.
it's an educational problem, and a work in progress.
we can also predict mental disorders.
{how many American family's have been destroyed, turned apart and forever changed, as a result of a birth of a mentally incapable baby?, what if we can prevent that ?}
we can, and are, preventing cancer this way.{!!!}
shortly we will be able to identified autism genomes.
we will be capable to identified the very few genomes combinations that are responsible for homo/lesbian disorders. remember that argument about "same sex relationships are not a choice"?, well apparently this is correct. you should always be careful what you wish for, you might get just what you'v asked for.
whether we will take homophobia to the extreme is yet to be seen.
but every year, there are thousands of abortions that take place, only to give the family a 2nd chance of giving birth to a healthy, capable child.
good choice.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Yes, some people should not be allowed to reproduced.
even when religious practices are in place.
you call it murder, playing god, i call it life saving.
the pain, suffers, and yes, costs, associated with razing such person, IMHO, outnumbers the medical abortion process.
Le'me'xpline...
"the mapping of human genome project".
the mapping of the human genome project, is the larges scientific achievement of modern medicine.
via this unique codes we can now predict many birth defects early in the pregnancy.
we can also alert parents of potential problem with a future pregnancy, and prevent ill baby's from being born.
we can inform individuals, that they belong to a risk group, and alert doctors to look for a specific gene.
in today modern society, there's no rezone what so ever for giving birth to a retarded child.
there are many predicted genetic disorders.
the main problem we face, is that too many doctors/couples are unaware of what to look for.
it's an educational problem, and a work in progress.
we can also predict mental disorders.
{how many American family's have been destroyed, turned apart and forever changed, as a result of a birth of a mentally incapable baby?, what if we can prevent that ?}
we can, and are, preventing cancer this way.{!!!}
shortly we will be able to identified autism genomes.
we will be capable to identified the very few genomes combinations that are responsible for homo/lesbian disorders. remember that argument about "same sex relationships are not a choice"?, well apparently this is correct. you should always be careful what you wish for, you might get just what you'v asked for.
whether we will take homophobia to the extreme is yet to be seen.
but every year, there are thousands of abortions that take place, only to give the family a 2nd chance of giving birth to a healthy, capable child.
good choice.

Yeah moose and when you get old and feeble I will tell them to put a bullet in your head that your just not useful anymore. What goes around comes right back around in your face BROTHA!!