Child support claim rankles sperm donor to lesbian couple

piattteam

Active Expediter
Cheri, also, computers and phones are very valuable tools for job hunting.
Those on assistance don't need to own these items though- they have computers at all libraries and, there is always the employment office too!!
So what if the iPad, iPod, Playstation was a gift???!!! If you are desperate and need to eat, you sell them!!!!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Those on assistance don't need to own these items though- they have computers at all libraries and, there is always the employment office too!!

In Ohio, libraries [mostly county systems] have drastically cut hours - my sister works at one, but has to travel to several others each week to get even 32 hrs. Computers are available [if you can get one that isn't occupied by the teenagers!] only it's tough to catch a posted job or wait for an email when you have to go to the library, and how long can you stay on it? Limits exist because of the aforementioned teenagers...And the [former] Ohio Bureau of Employment Services building is now a party center - not the kind where you hang around & go outside for a doobie while waiting hours for your number to be called, as it used to be, but a rental facility, and everything is done by mail or internet, as I understand it. More budget cuts & 'consolidation of services, you betcha.
Sure you can sell your toys, but how long are you gonna live on what you get for a used iPod?
As for deporting the illegals, it's a great idea - except what about the kids they gave birth to, who are legal citizens?
Even if they figure that out, Congress will never allow it. I read once that if all illegals were deported, there wouldn't be a single restaurant left open in many states, and you just know congresspeople don't stay home for meals much!

Childcare is one area where the government really could make a big difference, by opening [or subsidizing] daycare centers, so mothers could afford to work even low paying jobs. But I'm not holding my breath, since they don't much want to take the money given to, say, the oil or banking industries [both extremely profitable, yet getting subsidies every year still] and use it to invest in our future instead, because low income people don't contribute a boatload of money to their campaign funds.
See, I don't like giving money to the undeserving either - it's just that I think we should start the cuts at the top of the food chain, instead of the bottom. Oddly enough, that's never the conversation, though. In fact, it's like pulling teeth to find any real info on how much money is given to whom by the government...

So what if the iPad, iPod, Playstation was a gift???!!! If you are desperate and need to eat, you sell them!!!!!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

In Ohio, libraries [mostly county systems] have drastically cut hours - my sister works at one, but has to travel to several others each week to get even 32 hrs. Computers are available [if you can get one that isn't occupied by the teenagers!] only it's tough to catch a posted job or wait for an email when you have to go to the library, and how long can you stay on it? Limits exist because of the aforementioned teenagers...And the [former] Ohio Bureau of Employment Services building is now a party center - not the kind where you hang around & go outside for a doobie while waiting hours for your number to be called, as it used to be, but a rental facility, and everything is done by mail or internet, as I understand it. More budget cuts & 'consolidation of services, you betcha.
Sure you can sell your toys, but how long are you gonna live on what you get for a used iPod?
As for deporting the illegals, it's a great idea - except what about the kids they gave birth to, who are legal citizens?
Even if they figure that out, Congress will never allow it. I read once that if all illegals were deported, there wouldn't be a single restaurant left open in many states, and you just know congresspeople don't stay home for meals much!

Childcare is one area where the government really could make a big difference, by opening [or subsidizing] daycare centers, so mothers could afford to work even low paying jobs. But I'm not holding my breath, since they don't much want to take the money given to, say, the oil or banking industries [both extremely profitable, yet getting subsidies every year still] and use it to invest in our future instead, because low income people don't contribute a boatload of money to their campaign funds.
See, I don't like giving money to the undeserving either - it's just that I think we should start the cuts at the top of the food chain, instead of the bottom. Oddly enough, that's never the conversation, though. In fact, it's like pulling teeth to find any real info on how much money is given to whom by the government...

Seriously? We are worried about libraries with computers? Most jobs aren't on the internet. If people want a job they have to show up. Not just send a application or a email. If one is unemployed, forget the computer. You are nothing more than a thousand emails looking.
But not to fear for the people too lazy to walk out there door. You can now courtesy of the federal government get free internet along with a voucher for a free computer.
I mean really, how many more excuses do we throw out there.

No deal on the childcare unless it is provided by other people on assistance. Why should a childless couple by choice, be forced to pay for the irresponsibilty of others? Should single people of means now pay for childcare of others? Not a good idea.

Subsidies for big oil and banks is a bad idea as well but not likely to change as they finance a large portion of both political parties.
While we are on it, I think I would cut subsidies for all energy related businesses. Like wind farms, battery plants, solar plants and other losing businesses that basically rape the taxpayer.
The latter list of course is raping the taxpayer a lot more than banks and big oil.

Illegals just plain means they are here illegally. Nothing else to call it. Since they are here because of a porous border, we are stuck with many. Fine the parents, deny them any benefits until they are citizens. If they don't like it, then they can go back. It is true we have to deal with the ones that are here, but no special priviledges. They aren't extended to other nationalities so no reason to start with people from South America or Mexico.

Last edited:

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Nope. The mother was impregnated with sperm, same as every other pregnant woman. She chose to introduce it via a turkey baster, but nevertheless, it ended up in the same place as it would have in the usual fashion, and with the same result.
That is not an evolutionary dead end.
And as for man 'interfering' in natural selection, technology can strengthen the species - that depends on how it's applied. You recall the reaction when Hitler tried it - people didn't like the idea very much.

Not sure how well people liked it (and i'm sure you don't have a clue) but, when I was a teenager, some German 4-H'ers that were wards of the State and a result of Hitlers Superior Race Experiment visited my County for about a week. They were certainly Superior in every respect. I dunno if Hitler used a turkey baster or not though.

piattteam

Active Expediter
I will hit a lot of what Davekc has already mentioned, but wrote my notes before I read his post.
"libraries have cut hours"- most on welfare aren't working so have plenty of flexible time to float around to the open ones.
"tough to catch a posted job or wait for an email"- if they go on a daily basis, they won't miss a thing. Also, most of the larger retail chains have in store computer stations for people to fill out applications. (And, see Davekc's post.)
"how long are you going to live on what you get for a used iPod"- if you put enough drops in a bucket, it will fill up. And, I just think people need to do ALL they can before they get ANY help.
"what about the kids they (the illegals) gave birth to"- if legal American citizens commit crimes and are convicted and sentenced to prison, they still go to prison EVEN IF THEY HAVE KIDS. The law letting the kids born of illegals to be legal needs changed anyway. We are one of, I think, two countries on the planet that allow this. (And, see Davekc's post about not providing help to the illegals.)
"wouldn't be a single restaurant open" (I did like you joke here)- again, those on welfare would be forced to fill these positions or off the program they go.
"childcare is one area the government"- you make my point here, somewhat. Only, why spend more money subsidizing? Again, the childcare positions would be filled from the welfare list.
"money given to, say, the oil or banking"- mostly there is no "money given" to these industries. It is mostly tax breaks. In other words, they get to keep more of the money they LEGALLY EARNED!!!!!!! Also, (and Davekc touched on this as well) you forgot to mention the $90 BILLION dollars obama has thrown away on the green energy program jokes he chose. And, this WAS actual money handed over- not tax breaks on legally earned money.
"start the cuts at the top"- do them all at the same time!!!! End ALL wasteful spending immediately! (along with ALL foreign spending!)
now, I am sure you are including the spending on the oil/gas industries here. Again, this is NOT spending, it is them keeping THEIR money.