Anyone know the name of these companies running penske cube vans?

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How about this, stop grouping certain colors of vans or people that aren't US citizens as the bad guy. 346 people are running illegal out here and some drive white large vans and some drive yellow cubes. Truth be told you stated, I heard a rumor to further your argument, did you hear that on channel 17.

Fact is there are to many flying under the radar out here but when you want to ignore only but a certain group you lose me.

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yeah, so? What's your point, Mr Usher of the Peanut Gallery? I didn't use the word to make a ridiculous claim.
How do we know your claim wasn't ridiculous, since you didn't provide any hard and fast numbers to back it up?
And what's with the name calling? Isn't that against the hallowed rules Cap't Cut N Paste?

bfields115

Seasoned Expediter
The reason it is "certain colors of vans" is because, as I said, these cube vans are cheaper to purchase and maintain and run illegal, weight wise anyway, than sprinter size or cargo vans. So it does matter. And as far as low rates go, it is by far, in my opinion and experience that it is "foreigners" that run for far lower rates, proportionally speaking, as well as being exploited the most. I have met many foreigners doing this job the right way. And they were happy to do it. I have also talked to many foreigners that had no idea what the industry standard was and did not realize that they were being paid so poorly. I would also say that it is "certain colors of vans and foreigners" that are having the biggest negative effect on this industry. Give them money at the truck stop, they need it. Remember that in Ukraine or Lithuania, you don't eat noodle ramen, noodle ramen eat you.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
there was a time the Irish immigrants made a difference in the economy....and then there were the Italians...and so forth....this is a country built by immigrants....if this is the path of the new version of expedite....learn to adapt or just say good bye.....

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Can you show me in the terms of service where those words undefined are not to be used.
I cannot. I'm not sure why you would ask me to do that, though, other than as a deflection. I never said those words should not be used undefined. I simply asked you to define them, which you were unable to do (or refused to, whatever makes you feel better), and when you could not define them I simply stated the consequences of using those terms undefined to make ridiculous claims.

Make sure it has "plenty" of kernels in it, so it pops up nice and full.
Interesting. So you do actually know how to use an indefinite term within a comprehensible context.

The statement was made that "some of these yellow cube vans run over 10k without logs, and some of them without proper insurance." Your responded with "As do many white sprinters." All I asked for was a definition of "many" so that I'd have some kind of context as to how many Sprinters you think are out here weighing more than 10,000 pounds. A number, a percentage, anything would have been helpful. You came back with pure nonsense in that "Once loaded plenty of vans are over 1000,1 lbs." Well, we're talking about white sprinters, not vans.

So let me ask you this, how many of the most common Sprinters on the road in expediting (since that's the context in which this site deals) do you think are ever loaded to the point where they weigh more than 10,000 pounds?

How about this, stop grouping certain colors of vans or people that aren't US citizens as the bad guy.
I didn't do that, and neither did the OP when he started the thread. But that's sure where you want to take this thread. Your response in Post #9 asked a question designed to change the topic and derail the tread to make this thread about what you want it to be rather than the question asked by the OP. You jumped to a conclusion and deduced up front why he was asking the question, and the flatly stated that the OP was misguided because he asked about yellow cube vans. The fact is, it is the Penske yellow cube vans more than any other vehicle type out here in expediting that have a GVWR of greater than 10,000 pounds and are passed off as non-CMVs. But more to the point, he didn't even ask about yellow cube vans, he asked for the names of the carriers that mostly run the Penske vans.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
How do we know your claim wasn't ridiculous, since you didn't provide any hard and fast numbers to back it up?
Because it's not a ridiculous claim. It's a well-known claim, and one that's easily verifiable.
And what's with the name calling? Isn't that against the hallowed rules Cap't Cut N Paste?
Make a smartassed comment, get a smartassed reply. You maybe expected something different?

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
there was a time the Irish immigrants made a difference in the economy....and then there were the Italians...and so forth....this is a country built by immigrants....if this is the path of the new version of expedite....learn to adapt or just say good bye.....

My parents are Italian immigrants. I spent the first 30+ yrs of my life in NYC ... I know immigrants & their stories!! I now live in the Upstate of SC with a sizable Russian population. Many ... many expediters live in my neck of the woods. I know a couple personally. There are significant differences in the way those previous immigrating groups acted.

I don't want to hijack this thread. I've been thinking for some time to post my views on this, but I'd like to do it with some sensitivity. I'll try to post something soon ....

bfields115

Seasoned Expediter
The Irish and Italians also formed unions to protect their wages. And that was also a very different era in terms of what a dollar could purchase. Not even comparable to the present. The "new version of expedite" is exploitation by non-citizens. Fact.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
In my 65 years I have lived through for large immigration influxes and survived them all maybe just maybe the smartest thing to do would be have a dealership in Penske used vans and make the best of it as a good American would :)