Anyone know the name of these companies running penske cube vans?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
so I know this fellow lives in Ohio just east of Cleveland that owns 3-4 of them yellow cubes..and he is Jewish!...so there is another ethnic to blame....:)

Reactions: Ragman

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I used to drive one of the Penskes... I was properly insured just like all the others that ran for my carrier...
Possibly, but then again a lot of people (and carriers) think they're properly insured when they're not. One popular type of insurance is the carrier (or driver with his own authority) will get an inland marine motor truck cargo insurance to cover cargo, and they think they're covered. Another one is to have that all-important $1 million general liability, and carry the state minimum required for auto liability, and think they're covered, despite needed $1 million auto liability, as well. Many don't even carry non-trucking liability at all and instead add (cheap) non-contributory liability and think they're covered.
and before the hate gets too out of control, realize trucks of all shapes and sizes run illegally... but we all know that...sprinters and vans dont run overweight?
As a rule, Sprinters and vans don't run over 10,000 pounds, so no. And any hate a truck running illegally gets is well deserved.
larger trucks dont fudge log books?
Some do, sure. But very few larger trucks completely forgo all logbooks entirely the way those 12,300 GVWR Penske trucks with "GVWR 10,000" on the door sides do.
today's mess has more to do with supply and demand and double brokering than anything else..oh, and "logistics" ...
With "supply" being too many cargo vans, box trucks and Sprinters than the industry can support, mainly because they entered the business not by leasing on with a carrier that won't take on more vehicles than it can support, but by entering anyway in spite of the fact that the industry is saturated.
maybe the whole market was inflated by the auto bail outs from a couple years ago... now with less freight and hence drivers sitting losing their minds (and brokers knowing this) rates are terrible.. skimmed down to nothing.. i
There isn't actually less freight, if you look at the overall freight and shipping numbers, there are simply more cargo vans and Sprinters in the market to haul that freight. There used to be far more van loads than there were vans to haul it, but now we have significantly more vans than loads.