An Expedite Upset in the Making?

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Never heard of that company before until today. It could mean that I'll be #6 on the chicago board a little longer. :cool:

dabluzman1

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You were able to read the same type of
"glowing expert analysis" when Daimler bought Chrysler.:eek:

Time will tell.:cool:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
All businesses are in flux all the time. This one may or may not work. It just requires FedEx to do a better job and provide better and more varied services. That is as much our job as it is FedEx's.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I got a feeling that FedEx will have to pull itself out of some markets altogether if the congress gets their way.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I got a feeling that FedEx will have to pull itself out of some markets altogether if the congress gets their way.

Why do you say that Greg? You have never been wrong on anything you have ever told me. I just wanted to know why you think this?

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How can you even compare tiny Expres-1 with Panther Expedited Services; a company that grossed well over 200 million dollars last year? Panther Expedited Services is almost neck in neck revenue wise with FedEx Cutom Critical. Not FedEx the company; but FedEx Custom Critical the Expedite division of FedEx. Panther is pretty much well financed and can provide service that many smaller companies simply cannot.

TeamCozumel

Seasoned Expediter
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg334 View Post
Why do you say that Greg? You have never been wrong on anything you have ever told me. I just wanted to know why you think this?

Wondering the same, Greg.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well Dave here is a cut from the teamsters rag FedEx Watch;

Currently, all workers at FedEx Express are covered by the RLA regardless of whether they have any direct relationship with the operation or maintenance of the air fleet. This includes package delivery drivers, workers at sorting facilities and truck mechanics.

The House of Representatives overwhelmingly passed legislation on May 21 that is a part of the Federal Aviation Administration reauthorization and would place those workers under the NLRA, the statute that protects virtually all other private sector workers. Under the NLRA, workers may organize by individual terminals while the RLA requires a more difficult path to unionization that requires a national vote by every worker at FedEx Express. The reauthorization bill is currently awaiting action in the Senate.

FedEx Threatens to 'Destroy' Members of Congress | International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)

UPS and the unions are pushing hard to get this past the Senate, it already has been in the house and approved.

It is kind of humorous when you read this and the other articles but because FedEx has business model based on non-union contracted help and has been trying to be a one stop shop for the customer to gain market share, it may end up being really affected by this change in both the supply chain and the freight services end of the business. FedEx may have to contract a bit to hedge itself against the union bull in the china store in regards of both unionization and tougher competition in the freight end of the business. CC may be the losers, which I hope not but then again it is part of freight.

Don't take my word for it, it is studied with the smarter people and I don't mean any FedEx CC people either.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is a goal of this Administration to have mainly government owned industry and ONLY union workers. Nazi Germany the second time around. My little brother is an Obama bum and he was telling me that I had BETTER join a union soon if I want to eat. He states that he and his union buddies are working hard to eliminate ALL non-union workers. :mad:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Well there is a lot of proof with that, just look at the Chrysler deal, the unions who should have lost their contract and health care funding but were handed first choice - I can't support a UAW company.

Nazi Germany, well not that bad but close enough. It is like a cross between Stalinism and the Nazis with the added racism of the spanish.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well there is a lot of proof with that, just look at the Chrysler deal, the unions who should have lost their contract and health care funding were handed it first.

Nazi Germany, well not that bad but close enough. It is like a cross between Stalinism and the Nazis with the added racism of the spanish.

Give them time, they just started working on this. They will get as bad as Nazi Germany in the future. AS to the rest , the U.S. has always been considered the "melting pot". Of couse now in Washington it is more like the "Smoking Pot"

:rolleyes:

Rollinout2

Seasoned Expediter
Fleet Owner
E-1 bought up a little detroit sweat shop.
giving them cross docking and regional work that continues to shrink.

big whup

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
E-1 bought up a little detroit sweat shop.
giving them cross docking and regional work that continues to shrink.

big whup

That would be my thought. It has about as much impact as Panther buying my trucks.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Express-1 will hold it's own...with CGL an E-1 company and warehouses in nearly every major center...and the ownership of Bounce Logistics and it's cross border abilities....don't count them out....First class Expedite was mostly a 100% NLM carrier and out bidding everyone in eastern Michigan, Ohio, Indiana....it was hurting prices...E-1 did ya all a favour by buying them out...

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
How can you even compare tiny Expres-1 with Panther Expedited Services; a company that grossed well over 200 million dollars last year? Panther Expedited Services is almost neck in neck revenue wise with FedEx Cutom Critical. Not FedEx the company; but FedEx Custom Critical the Expedite division of FedEx. Panther is pretty much well financed and can provide service that many smaller companies simply cannot.

Actually, my "tiny" Ma n Pa provided "services" and extremely nimble response to shippers that the folks in the Ivory Palace at Panther only dream about.

Yer right OVM, seems everyone jes has to look that gift horse in the mouth these days. But, that is a direct reflection of [not] being a student of your occupation. Most jes don't understand.