An Expedite Upset in the Making?

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually I'd have to say that Panther is the "logistics" carrier as it does not run with sister companies and have other divisions..besides Elite which is a whole different ball of wax.

Fedex CC as a stand alone division does not do logistics...Only under the family name do they qualify as one...

Same for Express-1....with CGL and Bounce doing the logistics and E-1 doing the expedite work...

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Actually from the customers point of view, they consider themselves a one call - all in one solution company.

But honestly FedEx is not even a logistics company, it is a package delivery company on par with the USPS and UPS. Their main purpose is the package..... and getting it from point a to point b on time "The World On Time" ... everything else is just part of the added services they offer.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Actually from the customers point of view, they consider themselves a one call - all in one solution company.

But honestly FedEx is not even a logistics company, it is a package delivery company on par with the USPS and UPS. Their main purpose is the package..... and getting it from point a to point b on time "The World On Time" ... everything else is just part of the added services they offer.

Gee Greg..that would make CC a glorified courier carrier..:rolleyes:

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Well, who knows for sure what the effect will be on the industry. First Class has more presence than many know. Just because they don't advertise here.... E-1 is no dummy. They are just putting down lots of roots. Bounce and CGL acquisitions provided roots into the truckload and supply-chain/logistics sector. Why would they make their "poker hand" so obvious? I'm quite sure they have reasons for this buyout that others can only speculate.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Best time to invest and grow is during the down times....Look around at other aquisitions...Money is coming out of the woodwork.

always confused

Seasoned Expediter
as a e1 solo st i have done canada in the past, but requested no canada be put in my profile a couple of years ago. have done several 'transfers' of freight going that way thru the years, often because of hos rules make on time delivery impossible. maybe thee has been a change in policy about canada and i just didn't get the memo... but as i no longer care to cross the border its a moot point. (by my math canada didn't pay as too frequently had to dh out empty)

always confused

Seasoned Expediter
as to the 'upset in the making' original theme of this thread... i doubt it going to happen anytime soon so don't get your hackles up for nothing... i can say i think e1 s in a good position to grow, and recent alliances - hookups - aquisitions have put freight on my truck, which puts money in my pocket so i'm not grousing... things are tough out here, this year its been rougher than most... and hopefully i'll live long enough to see things get better. expediting is not the easy way to make a living some would have you believe,... the bones of those who tried and failed 'pave the highways' and many stories of financial doom and gloom exist for a reason. from my point of view e1 ranks as one pf the 'good guys' in this business...