Sign up for The Wire Newsletter!

Dollars & Sense

Get a Jump on your Taxes

Posted Jan 14th 2010 3:29AM

Follow the checklist:

Make sure you have all the records you need, including W-2’s and 1099’s. Compare amounts on 1099’s and W-2’s with your records to make sure they agree. If the amounts don’t agree call the payor or use the amount you think it is by doing an adjustment on your tax return You must have receipts and back up information for everything that appears on your tax return. Using an income tax organizer that outlines everything you need will be very helpful. E-file your tax return. E-filing catches errors and provides confirmation your return has been received and gives a faster refund. Get the fastest refund. When you e-file early, you receive your refund sooner. When you choose direct deposit, you will receive your refund sooner than waiting for a check. If recently married or divorced and/or changed your last name including hyphenating your last name you will need to notify the social security administration. Every dependent claimed must have a social security number, even newborns.
This article has been presented by PBS Tax & Bookkeeping Service, a company which has been providing income tax and bookkeeping services to the trucking industry for over a quarter century. If you would like further information, please contact us at 800-697-5153.  Visit our Web Site at .

“Everyone’s financial situation is different.  This article does not give and is not intended to give specific accounting and/or tax advice.  Please consult with your own tax or accounting professional.”


Please sign in or sign up to post a comment.  Or sign in with Facebook.