Your Children:

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
This has nothing to do with Expedting just Family:

My Daughter who just turned 18, a Senior Home School's herself has almost a full time job about 40 hours a week as a Waitress at a Country Club, and also on Sunday's and Monday's at a Sportsbar where she began this Resturant Business. She also began taking a Class at the Community College so that next year she will not be at the bottom of Registration since she will already be enrolled. The only class available was Sewing 101, but this has always intrested her, in fact last X-mas I recieved a very large homemade blanket from her for my bunk with a very Large Lion (Detroit) and Paw prints sewed onto it all over it. I like it!

Anyway at the C.C. the Clients are pretty Regular, there is a Lady who is expecting, and she has made her a Baby Blanket putting lots and lots of time into special detail for this person. The blanket is really neat and most of all this will be a Keepsake for the Baby that I am sure will be around forever.

So am I proud? Whata you think?

See it is so much easier, to be nice than to find everything wrong with someone. Attitude People it will get you so much further than Revenge plus its easier on ones Nerves.

dieseldiva

Veteran Expediter
That's pretty cool, Broom. Could you post some pics of these blankets?? Some of us ladies here really appreciate fine craft work.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My daughter will be 21 in July. She is in her 3rd year of college and will walk graduation in May. She has to take 2 classes during the summer to finish her requirements but basically got her 4 year degree in 3 years. Last semester she earned a 4.0 on 18 hours. Her accomplishment is all the more substantial because her degree is in communications disorders and speech pathology not basic basket weaving. She's already been accepted to grad school.

My older daughter, who'll be 25 this July, has the same degree and got it in 3.5 years. She works with children 3 and 4 years old that have Downs syndrome, autism, cerebral palsy and other challenges. One little girl, 3 and with autism, didn't speak. After several weeks of working with her, my daughter told me the mother came in almost in tears and reported that the previous night the little girl called her mama for the first time. I can't imagine what it was like for that mother after waiting 3 years to hear that. Within a few more weeks she was making short sentences.

I fully understand pride in one's children. Mine have earned it.

arkjarhead

Veteran Expediter
I don't have any kids, but I have a little brother I am very proud of. He is a Jr. in high school. He has great grades, he works on the farm, and helps dad with the truck when he is home. He is a very good baseball player. Texas A&M is wanting him to come down for a visit. So hopefully he will be playing college ball. Honestly I'd like for him to play at the same university I will be attending. Mainly so I can keep an eye on him, and he won't be away from home and all alone. I'd like to see him get the free education. Plus he enjoys playing ball. He's been selected for the All-Stars every year since he was 6.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My daughter called me a while ago. She got accepted to grad school at one of the schools of her choice, the second one so far to accept her. This one told her she will get an almost full scholarship for grad school. She has to pay $1k per semester plus buy her books and they cover the rest. Normally it would cost her about $12k plus books per semester. Needless to say I had a big smile for her news.