You Wannabes Out There

G

I really think we need to applaud Hammer Down for his efforts, after all he did show his butt without having to drop his drawers! Sorry souldnt resist that one.........

Frosty

G

My compliments to "Hammer Down". He/she has been successful in getting 20 of you bozos to respond to his BS post.

G

Thanks for the warning,hammerhead!You must be a real man,being able to handle that big rig all by yourself.I will certainly take precautions not to get in the way of you or any other real truckers I might come across.On the other hand,It's quite ok when you so called large cars are pulling a hill with your 550 hp at 42 mph,approx 4.5mpg,(thats pretty efficient economy wise),and you jump out to pass another large car whos only doing 41,not even a second thought about screwing up traffic,only prooves to me,alot of you big riggers got your brains up your #####.I dont mean to stereotype,but this is becoming a daily event.As far as being a wannabe,probably more than 50% of expediters out there,including myself drove those notorious,large cars that you seem to have a problem handling.So in conclusion,assface,maybe you should take your mother with you,she can advise you on how much distance you should maintain,and other split decisions that may occur.Remember just because your in a BIGTRUCK,and we,re in a small truck,It doesn,t mean we can't get out kick your #####.

G

Will if that isnt calling the kettle black I drive over the road also,A large car and have had more big trucks do that to me than any straight trucks it is tit for tat

G

when I started TRUCK IN oh 140 years ago. I had such a big rig it was so so very big, usta haul molasses from central america to Boston. Then the finished product, RUM i would haul to Bermuda.
I was so cool, never stopped to get weighed or even Pee! Sometimes I would haul crackers from Africa to North America. I had to protect this freight as if it got wet they would swell. I would throw these out the window. I used to eat crackers and wash em down with the rum. This lifestyle caught up with me however ans so now I am thinking of driving a van. Besides for being a Trucker GOD I thought the pay stunk.. Trucker GOD

mph78

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I thought all these occurrances which are causing hammer to get his panties all in a wad,were normal,everyday driving.....,things that any proffessional knows he (or she)will have to deal with every time you fire that mother up,huhh?If hammer is driving somewhere that it's always smooth sailing,then,that's where I want to drive!!Proffessional drivers should be able to handle any situation,and maintain a cool head,if this is not possible forTHE HAMMER,maybe he could find work at the fuel aisle,or perhaps further back in the lot,planting tulips,(2-lips)or some less stressful occupation,because,as a proffessional driver,(2,4,6,18,48 wheels)there's NO difference,we have an enormus responsibility to eachother,and everyone around us on the road,10-4?........78

G

OH FROSTY HOW I LOVE YOU. I'm sure that hammerdown has no idea what ROFLMAO is. Should we tell him?? No, we'll let him hollar and tell us we don't know what we're doing. Then as you and I sit in our easy chair countin our money from our LITTLE trucks that we ran, while he's still bustin his butt, we'll blow him a kiss and shed a little tear for him, then we'll ROFLOAO!!!!!!!!! As Always Dot

G

If you had to stop four times today, you would not have time to reply on line. chances are you don't even own a truck and can't afford to buy one! Also, you need to learn to spell expediter. Chances are, you're a eighth grade drop out. Quit crying and find a job.

G

Golly, Hammer sure does have his panties in a bunch! Just imagine the difficulties he has with the four wheelers!
He forgets that a number of us "wannabees" have driven the big trucks. My girlfriend and I moved to expediting just recently. We make almost as much money and drive a truck with all the comforts of home and after up to 22,000 miles a month in a big truck, this hardly seems like work! I could go on and on.
Maybe he does have a point, though. Maybe some of us don't have the respect we should have for the big trucks. Maybe some of us don't appreciate the additional difficulties that these drivers face. We should always try to avoid making things more difficult for other drivers whether it's by avoiding the easiest parking spaces in a truckstop or the simple, standard courtesy flash. WHat all drivers need is a continual, evolving awareness what is going on around them and how to respond in ways that keep the traffic flowing smoothly; especially so that these sentive fellas like Hammer won't get so twitterpated.
See you on the road...

G

HAMMERDOWN..... What is your Major Malfunction???? You sound like my neibhor (whom drives one of those big fancy 18 wheelers) I hold a Class "A" CDL have driven both the BIG RIGS and the expedited Trucks. Guess what,,,i do enjoy driving the smaller trucks. My Point here is: Have you ever seen what a Big Rig can do to a smaller vehicle upon IMPACT?? basically at any speed?? I have up close and personal also. I am an EMT/Firefighter for the state of Pa. The area that my Fire Dept covers is I90, I86 (old route 17) Rt 20, and Rt 5. I have seen SUPER PROFESSIONAL TRUCKERS try to hurry around an accident scene and almost KILL the people involved within the rescue teams,,,because of the STUPID SUPER TRUCKER PROFESSIONAL DRIVER ATTITUDE!!!!!! Hey guess what,,,the little 4 wheeler involved or the straight truck involved with the now DEAD person (driver/passenger) could have, might have been or sometime down the road be part of your family. Come on over and spend a week or two with the fire dept,,and see what we have to deal with,,, because of your 'SUPER TRUCKER PROFESSIONAL DRIVER ATTITUDE' Maybe it might change your outlook on life and learn to appreciate others' jobs.
I have recently watched a friend of mine die, 3 days after a SUPER TRUCKER PROFESSIONAL DRIVER hit his State Police car on I90. Why did this accident happen?? my guess is the "SUPER TRUCKER PROFESSIONAL DRIVER" was in to much a damn hurry and NOT PAYING ATTENTION.... You tell me.
PS. are you by any chance the "john Public" writer LOL
you both sound the same,,,just different ends of the spectrum

G

Dont even try and blame the 18 wheelers for someone elses death because we drive big trucks. The stats. speak for themselves regarding "at fault" accidents. Truck drivers all have driven cars before, but not many car drivers have driven rigs. Maybe people should be taught on how to give a big truck a break, instead of playing russian roulette with them. As the statistics state, most people cause their own death from their own stupidity, and that I do not feel sorry for. As far as your cop friend, maybe he also could have been more alert too?

G

James: i think maybe you have missed a point or 2 with my last comment towards the "SUPER TRUCKER HAMMERDOWN... I was not and am not blaming ALL 18 wheelers for any deaths incurred witin the highways. I have also seen 4 wheelers do the same thing. My Point was towards these super drivers who are in hurry,,trying to get from Point A to Point B,,,knowing they are not going to make the time frame given,,(weather,traffic,,morons,,accidents,,herds of deer and what ever else) that are flying down the road,tailgating other trucks,,whether big or small,4-wheelers,,and what ever else on the road. I have driven both 18 and 6 wheelers, i have been in the grey area of late,,and had a temper fly. but also realized in keeping my temper in check,,maintaining a professional attitude and getting the job done. Not trying to fly up on someone else as if I had a pilots' license and trying to hit the runway for landing. As for Trooper Mat Bond, no he was doing his duty at the time of his fatal accident, the driver of the rig WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION,,the left lane was shut down,,he was warned by Other Truck Drivers about the accident ahead,,but this Super Driver did not seem to listen, and apparently was in a hurry,,this was WITNESSED by 7 other Professional Truck (18 wheeler) Drivers. So as i have said this WAS NOT a slam towards all professional truck drivers whether 18 or 6 wheelers, it was towrds "HAMMERDOWN". If you feel i was slamming you then I apologize. Be safe and Be careful out there. :)

G

Hey Hammer just because all of your life the ladies told you size did'nt matter,that yours will do fine, did'nt mean for you to go jump in a big eighteen wheeled JB Hunt truck and start thinking you were big all the sudden. Your still little just like your pay check. And yes next time I see you on the road just like last time, I will laugh as I fly by with a hot load of freight while you sign another ticket from your favorite smokey. You need to stop donating your $250.00 a week pay check to the highway patrol for acting like the rookie you are, and sit back,relax and deliver freight just like all of us. Big,Small whatever we've all been there and are still here "TRUCKING" so let's be nice to eachother and share the road. And by the way you need to see a drug counselor for your behavior but until then BE COOL>