Vick's Nyquil 6oz for $8.35 = $178.13 per gallon

Pepto Bismol 4oz for $3.85 = $123.20 per gallon

Whiteout .7oz for $1.39 = $25.42 per gallon

Scope 1.5oz for $0.99 = $84.48 per gallon

And this is the REAL KICKER......

Evian water 9oz for $1.49 = $21.19 per gallon

.....$21.19 FOR WATER!!

So next time you're at the pump, be glad your car doesn't

run on Nyquil, or Scope, or Whiteout!!!!

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
never broke it down like that make you think a bit
almost like driving
driving local send 40 mins a day waitting at stop light and stop
signs and thats 200 mins a week, or 800 mins a months or 9600
mins a year

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Tony that price of water absolutely blows my mind.In January my wife and I took a 10 day vacation and went to Las vegas and Utah. I was sitting on the plane coming back at the Las Vegas airport and about 8-9 young women (late 20!s) came aboard.Everyone was carrying a bottle of water like it was a security blanket.I couldn!t help it but, laughed at them,told the guy next to me why I was laughing and he said"In my office all of the females under 30 have their bottle of water wherever they go,they come into meetings with their water,go jogging ith their water and probably spend 10% of their pay on water." What a marketing job,needs to be a" How to rip off the public 101.".LOL

joker

Expert Expediter
Hi Tony, here's one fact that came to mind about the milk. My neighbor who is a dairy farmer came over the other day and said he is going out of the milking business. He is receiving 11.00 per hunder weight for milk nowadays. He said thats what it was bring in 1970. There is about 12.5 gallon of milk in 100 lbs. so if we do the math he is getting about .88 cents per gallon for his efforts. I'm wondering if the middle men in the milk industry are freight brokers also.:D

zingfu25

Expert Expediter
What a rip-off water is, especially since Mr.EVIAN is filling the bottles from his kitchen faucet....lol

Dkalasz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
actually i heard an interview with one of the companies that bottle water . he thought it was hilarious that people spend BILLIONS of dollars every year buying water.. He said and i quote "I guess are next logical step is to bottle air and sell it" this was in jest but I have met some people stupid enough to buy it then Insist its better..

Brandy

Expert Expediter
Teacel, now that you've broken it down like that, I don't mind paying $1.70 a gal at the pump for diesel. I should have you do my taxes, maybe you could save me more money than I made last year.

Sean:7

RobZip

Expert Expediter
>What a rip-off water is, especially since Mr.EVIAN is
>filling the bottles from his kitchen faucet....lol

Did you ever consider that EVIAN is actually NAIVE spelled backwards?