Yet another bright spot....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It’s a good story of hardworking men and women eager to build careers and contribute to the city’s economic success. But it’s also a story of how America’s energy industry – through our investments to ensure reliable, affordable supplies of energy – is helping create good jobs at a time when the nation really needs them.

Many other states, from Texas to Louisiana to North Dakota, are experiencing similar benefits from shale resource development. A study released just last week by IHS Global Insight found that in 2010, unconventional gas activity supported 1 million jobs – and that number is expected to grow to nearly 1.5 million jobs in 2015. That’s not to mention the nearly $50 billion in federal, state and local government revenue this activity is expected to create by 2015.

In Pennsylvania, a shipyard is back to life due to U.S. energy development | ExxonMobil's Perspectives Blog

blackpup

Veteran Expediter
I dislike to question good news , would it not have been cheaper to build the ships overseas ?

jimmy

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
i would not disagree about the possibility of the motivation being PR related. Sound business decision ? Guess PR might be more important than I realize.
another consideration is logistics....where are the major components being made?...the low U.S dollar might also be a factor....