YES - An honest owner-operator it was a pleasure

fortwayne

Not a Member
Its been a long long time since I have signed on here and I have learned alot since my last visit.

I have had the honor and pleasure of working for one of the best owner-operators in the business. I don't need to give out his name or EO name, heck he knows who he is, but I believe it is important to let other less experienced drivers know a few things.

Not all owner-operators are crooks - heck the guy I was driving for told me he could no longer afford to keep a solo driver in his truck (2007 Hino) and he needed to put a H/W team in the truck. (one bed)

So, I dropped his truck off last Tuesday and he mailed me my last check this week. While I was not happy about his decision, I understood the financial reason behind it.

I have enjoyed the best six months in the business working for this guy and I learned alot about it along the way. He paid for my Hazmat endorsement and much more.

The point I am trying to make is this. If drivers would take their job as a partnership, as a business, instead of just a job - work WITH the owner instead of eyeing the owner as a con artist - the driver would be (1) better off and (2) happier about the experience overall.

Ok, so I am sitting around now, looking for a straight truck to drive and no income heading into my hands. But, I can tell you this, I am not bitter towards this guy, I am understanding of his financial woes. I also am a smarter, more thankful person for the six months of experience I gained from him.

And in closing - yea I will mention his EO name, because I believe anyone that has the chance to work with this guy will be a better person for the experience.

MOOSE - thank you for the time and your total honesty!

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Give Angie or Vince a call at our place, 800 506 4422. I am sure that we can get you set up with a good owner or possibly a company truck.

Either way good luck, and it is nice to see people post the good things. Too often it is always the bad.