Cargo Van XPO or Load 1 for Cargo Van Drivers?

pelgrn

Expert Expediter
I had vans and strt trks with the 3 companys you mentioned,vans with Panther mainly cause or my rate 85 loaded plus sur and i know the system and how to make it work for my fleet.I Had a strt with XPO about 9 yrs ago with a team and did fine,had a van and strt with Load1 and did well also.I would say if was gonna put a van on it would be Load1,the only issue i had with Load1 and it may have changed was i couldn't broker my own loads.That was something Panther let ya do,minus 15 percent to them.I Don't know if they still allow it cause i got outta strt trucks about 5 yrs ago.

Majid

Seasoned Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had vans and strt trks with the 3 companys you mentioned,vans with Panther mainly cause or my rate 85 loaded plus sur and i know the system and how to make it work for my fleet.I Had a strt with XPO about 9 yrs ago with a team and did fine,had a van and strt with Load1 and did well also.I would say if was gonna put a van on it would be Load1,the only issue i had with Load1 and it may have changed was i couldn't broker my own loads.That was something Panther let ya do,minus 15 percent to them.I Don't know if they still allow it cause i got outta strt trucks about 5 yrs ago.

I'd gladly do it if load1 let me broker my own loads with them. What would you say has a better earning potential van or straight struck after vehicle expenses? And why did you get out of straight trucks?

pelgrn

Expert Expediter
The strts are gonna generate more money,they are more to fix,insure,tow,wash,tolls,ect.I would go with a strt if it was just me as long as i had someone to team with.It's all about the drivers,i had 2 husband and wife teams that were with me for yrs.If they could pass the phys i may still have strt trks,the vans are working fine for me now.I should mention XPO didn't let me broker loads under there authority either,don't know if any of that changed.