WWJD

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Today is election day. Perhaps when we go to the polls we should consider things from the point of WWJD. We have one group who wants to take away as much of our personal wealth as possible even though as a group they produce nothing and contribute nothing. We have one group who wants to insult and demean our military at any and all opportunities. We have one group who wants to quit when the job's half finished. We have one group who wants to eventually dictate everything to us because they know far better than you how you should spend your money and how you should live your life. We then have another group who isn't a whole lot better but at least wants to let you keep more of your money than the first group. They at least respect and support our military. They at least don't quit. They at least don't want to dictate every aspect of our finances and lives. We have the generally terrible democrats and we have the generally slightly less terrible republicans.

When we vote today perhaps we should ask what would jihadists do? Who will it be easier for them to defeat in their goal of destroying America? Frankly I don't like any of the choices and would like to see them just about all thrown out. I do know we face a very real threat. We were shown that on 9/11. I'm voting against the wishes of the jihadists.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm interested to see what the turnout is going to be like. I'm in a rural area and expected to be there pretty much alone at 0800. What a surprise, I had to wait a couple of minutes in line.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
"...let you keep more money..."??? Why? Cause they "gave" us $300? Wow... that's certainly gonna buy my vote! I'm not bashing you Leo, and I'm definitely not advocating the Demolitioncrats. But the hogwash they feed us, on the tv, in the news, from the hill... when does it end?

For the last generation+, we've gone from one person taking care of the family to two having at least one job. Prices have gone thru the roof on everything. We're being taxed in ways you wouldn't even imagine. And now big mama government is being kind enough to allow us to suckle on her teet to the amount of $300. Sorry... but I'm not that hungry.

The only way we're going to be a government "by the people, for the people" is by getting rid of the jackasses there now, and putting term limits on all elected. Then, getting rid of the money influence of lobbyists. The only reason that bozo got caught with $90,000 in his freezer is because he didn't hide his paper trail. I'm sure 90% of the others on the hill breathed a sigh of relief that their paper trail was covered.

I miss '94 when the Repubs got control of both houses, and there was a sense of a party actually doing something for US (being read as both us and the United States). Fred Thompson was elected Senator of TN. After one term he left. My guess, he saw he could make no change, and couldn't handle the corruption. I admire him for not letting DC destroy his morals. I wish others had the same kind of morals, rather than be sucked into the soulless void called Capitol Hill.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Leo. Had to get a little weight off my chest. ;)

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
No argument from me. I just was too lazy to expand it as much as you did. I don't like any of them with maybe a total of a handful of exceptions. My main point is that our enemies would be single minded and vote a straight party ticket. What we do today semi-directly casts a vote for or against our enemies.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Both parties are very dissipointing. Leberman put it very well this morning. DO WHATS BEST FOR THE COUNTRY.. NOT WHATS BEST FOR THE PARTY. To divided and we as nation have fallen down the divided line. SAD VERY SAD.

Maybee we deserve Nancy as the speaker....

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Or Hillary as Commander in Chief??? I wouldn't wish that on Canada! Maybe France, tho. ;)

"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know." - Kansas