Would this work?

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
before you get into this,you better have a bank roll to cover your out of pocket expenses repairing that 9 year old truck
most of the expedite companies wont take a truck that old
2300 amonth payment in a newer truck is more doable,as in wont be in the shop as much
i suggest you go to work for an owner,get your feet wet,see if this is really what you want
everything looks rosey on paper,but the repo man can be very close

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Nightcreature, who ever said anything about a 9 year old truck? The one I bought two years ago for 27K was not even 5 years old. Might want to do your homework a little more if your refereing to what I posted.

The truck is double profitable of what your suggesting, and if one is not happy with ones decision its a simple sell with no debt,and if bought right could even return a profit. And when its profitable its 100% profitable compared to your suggestion of a deep share with an owner taking 40 to 60% of the TOTAL.

Makes no PROFITABLE sense to me, or my bank account if I were to take your suggestion before my entering this business. Glad I did not take people like yours suggestion before entering this, I like keeping what I earn for me.

All it takes is a little discipline to save some money to buy your own truck. One could do this in less than two years delivering Pizza for Pizza Hut part time. Such a committment to earn a great living debt free.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
Broom
this wasnt directed to you,tbayer445 in earlier post, said he also found a 1998 fl70,this was just what would could happen with that truck
if I were going to be in a D unit with 2300 a month payment,I wouldnt be able to sleep at night,unless it were a DR,but I dont think this was the case
I wasnt suggesting him buy the 2300 a month truck,just it would be more doable than the 1998,repairs and down time would kill him,just as the high payment of $2300

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
Let me wipe that mistake off my face. You are correct I am wrong. I found after posting the 1998. I agree with you now after seeing the post it is just way to old to be dependable.