Would anybody be intrested in this...

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
An idea of mine, a slide out grill/kitchen set up. The attachment explains it pretty good. I would try to fit this into a 48" or 60" Box. If enough people would be interested I'll build one for concept and then sell some. Thanks

*Clarification - this would be something you would install on the outside of your sleeper, you would install it just like a cargo box.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looks interesting but aren't some tunnels forbidden for any propane? What about border crossing with it? What kind of weight do you estimate?

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA Life Member 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5508, 5509, 5641
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
I would guess around 300#, 100# for the box itself and then mounting hardware and then the goods. Didn't we have a discussion on here awhile back about propane? Could use those little wal-mart sized cans or something.

Paul56

Seasoned Expediter
Interesting idea, but I would not consider it for our truck.

The primary reason is that for at least 5 months of the year we would not be able to use this unit due to weather conditions.

We do our outdoor cookouts on an old round hibachi and lump charcoal. Accessing the sleeper kitchen facilities is inconvenient while doing this, but made a little less so by an outside access door.

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
Thought bout it some more, thanks for the input everyone. How bout we add a RV size electric oven??? That way even if it was cold out, it would only take a second to throw something in the oven and you wouldn't be standing in the cold cooking it. Here it is with the oven.

Prarysun

Seasoned Expediter
Why not just design a POP-OUT for your sleeper? That way you wouldn't have to go outside....lol Well why not? they do it in campers??? I betcha someone will come up with one to increase living space and then we'd NEVER haveta go home!!

Dianne

:+

themagicoen

Expert Expediter
A 120" sleeper with dual slide outs - nice but you know how much that would be? People on here went nuts when I asked about spending $170k on a truck.