Worried about income

Michael Kennedy

Rookie Expediter
Driver
I doubt it. I did my 2nd load from TRW to the Chrysler plant and could barely fit 4 pallets of auto parts at 980 pounds.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You’ll need to know these things
1) how much weight you can legally haul.
2) how long, wide, and tall your cargo area is.
3) how wide and tall your door opening is.

Michael Kennedy

Rookie Expediter
Driver
As long as the gpv is under 10000 I can haul up to 26000 pounds legally but he'll that truck can't take more then 3000 pounds and the guys brokering the deals are all Russians that have taken Calculus and some with engineering degrees. These are not your typical dispatchers. When I went into TRW they literally fit the load exactly I was amazed. They gave the shipping guy all the specs beforehand. I work with a small expeditor but they are highly skilled Russians and very competent.

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
As long as the gpv is under 10000 I can haul up to 26000 pounds legally but he'll that truck can't take more then 3000 pounds and the guys brokering the deals are all Russians that have taken Calculus and some with engineering degrees. These are not your typical dispatchers. When I went into TRW they literally fit the load exactly I was amazed. They gave the shipping guy all the specs beforehand. I work with a small expeditor but they are highly skilled Russians and very competent.
What is gpv?

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is gpv?
Gallons Pee Vehicle ..?

And available to haul 26,000 lbs ..?
Thats how messed up the New Generation of Expediters has become . No idea of whats going on . Looking for easy money , regardless of Rules & Regulations. In my Opinion of course...

Remember to Smile ..
it reduces Stress ..

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We all didn’t know what we didn’t know when we started.
At least he’s trying to figure it out.
He’s getting some bad info somewhere.
I don’t think he’s trying to circumvent the rules, just trying to understand them.

Last edited:

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Gvwr says 4513 pounds and then gawr says from 4130 pounds and rear gawr says 6835 pounds
That makes it 10965 lb gvw. Need med card and logbook.

Is anyone thinking the factory said 10965 and the body company put on the 9500 ?
I bought a Jeep from a Chrysler dealer with maybe 45,000 miles on it.
The next day I found the oil change sticker, on the door jamb showing 95.000 miles.

Dealer gave me a full refund and asked “ How’d you catch me ? “

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Mike, I’d get a medical card, regardless wether your carrier says you need one or not. It’d just be good to have. Most urgent care type places do them.,$50-$90 . Good for two years if you’re healthy.
This other stuff, the do I need to log or not, is very important.
If you get in an accident, even not your fault, it can be very detrimental to your lifestyle. Can you make license plates for 47 cents per hour ?
Just being overweight can turn an accident into vehicular manslaughter. ****

Being a 1099 Driver I believe gets your dispatchers/Owner a little further from a share of the liability.
The Independent Contractor had the wreck, not one of our employees.

**** I wouldn’t take legal advice off a forum. But it would make me yearn to learn the truth.,

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Is anyone thinking the factory said 10965 and the body company put on the 9500 ?
I bought a Jeep from a Chrysler dealer with maybe 45,000 miles on it.
The next day I found the oil change sticker, on the door jamb showing 95.000 miles.

Dealer gave me a full refund and asked “ How’d you catch me ? “
A couple weeks ago when i was in Eagle Pass , there was one of the second story sleeper Promasters with the soft curtain sides with 14 ft box . The driver was from Ca. and that style Promaster is built in Ohio by a builder . He was telling & showing me everything about it , saying he could haul 4000 lbs legally in it . Of course i smiled and said yep everyone says that but never weighs their van empty and does the Gvw calculations. He goes no wait , i have my empty cat scale ticket here , he showed me . Lol , it weighed alittle over 6450 lbs empty . So i asked how can you do 4000 lbs of loaded freight . His answer (wish i could of recorded it ) because i am under 10,000 lbs . Again i politely smiled and said your Math is different than mine . He gets his phone and subtracts it twice , stating well i was told i could do 4000 lbs . Now i had to ask to see his Door GVW tag ,no problem , i showed him ... 9350 lbs .. no ,no , he said thats the old 1 . Here is the New Sticker , it literally looked like the old Oil Change sticker dealers used to stick on your door after an oil change . In black marker it was wrote ... GVW 9990 lbs .. i just laughed and said really the DOT will fall over laughing. I asked to take a picture but he said NO . And excused himself saying he had to make some phone calls . Of course i walked away shaking my head ...

Remember to Smile ..
it reduces Stress ..

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wouldn’t have thought 6450.
Of course I hadn’t put any thought into it.
That’s too limiting if you’re going to legitimately stay under 10,000#.

Reactions: ntimevan

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I wouldn’t have thought 6450.
Of course I hadn’t put any thought into it.
That’s too limiting if you’re going to legitimately stay under 10,000#.
20170108_192837.jpg
Mine on 2017 PM that i dtive , includes me , full tank gas , built in fold up bunk , generator , tie downs , 4 seasons clothes ,..
PS... no second story Suite ..

Remember to Smile ..
it reduces Stress ..