Workman's Comp Insurance In Ohio

garman351

Expert Expediter
Hi Everybody:
I need some help please.
I pay out $46.00 per week per man for Workmans comp insurance out of Ohio, that seems way out of line to me?

Can anybody advise me on who has the best rates and the name & phone number of the people I would need to contact for the state of Ohio.

What do any of you pay out? and what is the mandatory minimum coverage for most freight Companys based out of Ohio?

Thanks
Garman

Vinnie T

Seasoned Expediter
Trans Risk Management

They have a ad here on EO

Ask for Carl 419-724-4876

They insure a lot of small to medium size carriers. His prices have been the best I have found and he works hard to find coverage that works at the best price. He's a good guy and straight shooter! He writes bobtail for an owner op to full policies for trucking firms.

Reactions: 1 person

garman351

Expert Expediter
Trans Risk Management

They insure a lot of small to medium size carriers. His prices have been the best I have found and he works hard to find coverage that works at the best price. He's a good guy and straight shooter! He writes bobtail for an owner op to full policies for trucking firms.

Thanks Vinnie:
I will give him a call today, I'll let everybody know what I experienced or the difference in pricing. Fuel costs are bad enough let alone pay out big money for Workmans comp if there is a better deal out there.

garman

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Be sure to check with your carrier before signing on the dotted line. FECC for example rejects many policies due to their requirements.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
in ohio workmens comp in the trucking industry is 8.9% of your drivers gross pay.at fecc we pay around 2% of the gross truck check for work accident insurance.there are some work accident plans cheaper but fecc wont accept all of them.whats nice about fecc program,no work no pay

garman351

Expert Expediter
Trans Risk Management

(VINNIE T)
You are the man my friend!
I called Trans Risk Mgt, and they will save me $1,802.76 per year for the same coverage as I'm getting right now through my current carrier for the physical damage to my truck. Of course I still have to pay for Unlaiden insurance $51.96 monthly. The Comp insurance for my drivers I will save another $27.12 monthly.

It's good knowing on top of fuel pricing going through the roof and paying out five different tax bill's every month and paying my accountant, and on going oil changes and other repaires to the truck and after paying my drivers and the monthly truck payment I can now forecast I might be able to make it to fall before I finally go Bankrupt.

Of course I now need to find out if my carrier will except this insurance, that is another consideration I never thought of.

Thanks Guy's

Garman