Women Count

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Quote from my wife...JuJu..

I've got the need to tell everyone about this wonderful organization. Recently my best friend was diagnosed with breast cancer. Luckily the lump was small and it's been removed but she made me promise to get a mammagram.

Now we don't exactly have a medical plan so I did a little research because I'd heard about this organization. The SD health dept in hand with All Women Count will actually pay for a mammagram, pap smear and do a diabetic test for free.

So if you are in the need for this service...contact your state health dept and ask if they know about it. I recently heard of one woman out in Maryland who didn't know about this and consequently put off her exams...which is killing her with cervical cancer. BECAUSE IT WASN'T DETECTED early enough. So please get the word out...it may save YOUR best friends life.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can also look into a HSA. We have ours through BC,BS. It is inexpensive and has annual check up's, including women's stuff included in the cost. We like it because it gives us control over our health care dollars. OVM, do not put this stuff off. It is too important. That goes for us guys too. Prostate cancer is the most previlent cancer in the U.S. Thats a guy thing so it does not get the press that some other cancers get. Don't forget that men can get breast cancer too. Layoutshooter

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
You can also look into a HSA. We have ours through BC,BS. It is inexpensive and has annual check up's, including women's stuff included in the cost. We like it because it gives us control over our health care dollars. OVM is right, do not put this stuff off. It is too important. That goes for us guys too. Prostate cancer is the most previlent cancer in the U.S. Thats a guy thing so it does not get the press that some other cancers get. Don't forget that men can get breast cancer too. I think this reads better. I forget some words in the first post. Layoutshooter

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Layout....I've already been there, done that...prostrate and colon cancers are the top killers in men....and if caught early is treatable....they now do a blood test as opposed to the rubber glove....my doctor had the hands of an All Star Receiver!!!:eek:

Most recommend around 50 yrs of age I went around 45 the first time....it's preventable...GO!!!