winter work

tkochoian1

Expert Expediter
thanks to all for the reply's on All Types earlier this week. my next question is, can I work out of a southern state during the winter months? I am from the detroit area and starting to hate the cold. Kids are all grown and am very flexible as to where i live now. thanks in advance for any reply's

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Typically, an expediter will run the South...as well as the Ice Laden north.

Consider this, if you are laying over in Atlanta and enjoying the 60 degree weather and you are offered a load to snowy, cold Buffalo for say - a $1.50 per mile.

What would you do?

To be successful - you would have to accept that load.

IMHO

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

Education is the best defense against the media.

The Lord's Prayer is 66 words, the Gettysburg Address is 286 words, there are 1,322 words in the Declaration of Independence, but government regulations on the sale of cabbage total 26,911 words.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

tkochoian1

Expert Expediter
I meant live in Michigan spring summer and fall and live in a southern state in the winter and still beable to work

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
In Expediting you " live " in the truck and have a home base you visit once in a while . If you're going to make it you go where you can , when you can . Companies claim non-forced dispatch but turn down one too many loads that really need to move and you'll be on bad terms with dispatch and the better loads will go to the willing . I hate to sound cynical but I doubt anyone disagrees .

PalletJack

Expert Expediter
I have been told that I can live and work from two areas winter and summer so loang as my number one house is on my lisense. I use my north house for taxes with OTR so I hope this is not problem with expedite.

twodogsdaddy

Expert Expediter
You can have two households...I think the only issue would be affordability vs use...If I'm not mistaken I believe there was an article here On Glen Rice and his wife and how they have two houses one in Illinois and one down in Florida...

Put pen to paper and work the numbers I believe that would be the only issue...although as an expediter hometime can be rather limited...although not speaking from experience just by observing the posts.

I'm a wannabee expediter
3 yr otr tt
and a lot of other unrelated stuff