Who's getting runs???

Trucker

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
After 3 years with Fed Ex CC, I switched to Landstar Express America, and am not doing so good. I know it's slow, but is any one out there doing any thing??? I have even thought about going back to Fed Ex... I'd be willing to do that if I could work...Thanks for your input.

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I was getting runs - a $54.00 run on a Tuesday, and then a $400.00 run on a Thursday, and then a $58.00 run on a Monday, then a $59.00 run on a Wednsday, then a $49.00 run on a Thursday, then a $250.00 run on a Friday... need I go on?

Notice I said was? yesterday I started peeling the signs off my van. Boy those are big decals!

Eric - The EX-FEDEX!!!

BigB

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I hear what your saying!. I run for landstar also i found loads in n.j upstate n.y & p.a.but when i get south we find it hard a lot of trucks little work.two week's ago we ran non-stop for 14 days.if you get west make sure you call john in omaha,they have been a great help to us.they seem to have work out there and alsoin the n.j area.try harrisburg for loads to fla.he gets work in ct.nj pa.if in nj try tampa for loads to ronoke.va,they do work for home shopping network.in the windy city cll lax.got loads to TeNN.from them.i call every broker every day sometimes twice let them know your there also the ltl dept we have a load or two from them also hey .50,.80, 90cents amile to move beats just air in the back.and last move i give it a day maybe two no work i go.call corp . ask how many trucks are where your going so you don't jump from the pot to the frying pan.No dout it's slow i've talked to a few drivers in 3 companys they all say the same thing.Well keep in touch let me know how your doing every body works together maybe we can find more work less dead head.i try to get on this board twice a week.take it easy hang in there big b mindnihgt run trucking- [email protected].

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We work for Landstar as well. Its very hard for a new person to get started. You need to call all of the express centers every morning then if your still sitting, call again. Do not sit more then 48 hours in one spot. Call Corporate, and ask where the most movement has been in the last 24 hrs. Once you really learn the system, you will find your self running for 3 to 4 express centers. When you call the express center after you tell them who are, let them know you have not ran in 24 hrs. Most of the express centers will tell you where the most of the shipping has been release from. We have heard of a few drivers that made the delivery and dead head back to the shipping city. This can be very expensive. I know teams have it much easier to pick up loads then solos. Talked to a few of the solos and they where having a very hard time. Charlotte is always looking for trucks. Columbia as well. Toledo has been looking for trucks to.

I saw the date on your posting, I hope my message is not to late.