Who like the Budwiser Duel?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I think if that car was not on the outside and in the center row he may have had a shot at clearing the fence. He had some good air under him and still gaining altitude when the fence got in involved and pulled him down.
Copy and Paste from Fox SPORTS PAGE BELOW:

SPEED obtained information from Halifax Medical Center stating that 11 fans were admitted to the nearby hospital and all are stable. Six of the 11 were being treated to trauma-related to injuries. Of those six, one is in critical condition. The other five fans admitted to the hospital were being treated for non-trauma-related injuries.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
They just had the press conference. They were still very reserved with tbeir comments. But, from what has been leaking through slowly, it seems that 14 were transported to the local hospitals. Apparently 2 are in critical condition. The rest are hurt in varying, less degrees. The also said that another 14 were treated at the track. No fatalities have been reported. Hopefully the more seriously hurt will pull through. Story is that at least one of them caught a front tire and wheel a few rows up.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have been trying to get interested in racing but haven't had much success. I have heard the best way is to actually go to a race so you have the ability to comprehend everything that goes on.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
I have been trying to get interested in racing but haven't had much success. I have heard the best way is to actually go to a race so you have the ability to comprehend everything that goes on.

And that is why I like NHRA over NASCAR, every ticket to a NHRA event is also a pit pass.

You can get up close and personal with the cars and drivers, unlike the primadonna's of stock car racing.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter

Correct..To just watch it on TV cant get boring at times..Once you attend a few races, watching on TV can hold your intrest a bit better. Pick a track nearby when ya get stuck for a few days and do the whole weekend at a local camp ground. Doesnt take much to buddy up with a bunch of drunk nasty car fans and you will have a good time.
Avoid MIS in Michigan as your first event unless you can camp out in the infeild..It can be a boring race. The infeild will however be a party you wont forget.
Talladega is a good spot for a first vist. Very trucker freindly. Free camp site at the track with ticket purchuse if ya arrive in time..I beleive the camp grounds are first come first serve. If and when ya go, bring everything ya think you may want as buying stuff at the at or near the tracks will really get into your pocket book..

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Talladega has been mentioned to me before as a place to watch a race. My friend said that the banking of the turns is incredible.

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Good morning/Good afternoon everyone,lol. Well I watch the race and it just didnt do it for me like in years past. Follow the leader on the high side. Ive been to talladega and most people go for the infield. Lots of wild crazy things go on down there. If your in the stands, you dont get to see much of the cars. When you do, its just for a few seconds.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Talladega has been mentioned to me before as a place to watch a race. My friend said that the banking of the turns is incredible.
From what I understand it's one of the more truck friendly tracks...as well as Kansas Speedway and Texas.

I've never been to race myself, but I have a feeling that the banking is impressive at any Nascar track. My top 3 that I would like to see would be Talladega, Bristol and Richmond.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Won a trip to a NASCAR race in Phoenix a few years ago, they flew us down there. We also had the pit passes, got to walk right up to the cars and walked on pit row before the races. The stands were ok for a while. We had a better time in the vendors area. Got lots of free stuff and it was fun just hearing the races in the background while aimlessly wandering out front of the stands. Stayed in a nice resort and got bussed in and out right from the resort. They had a catered lunch there for us. It was a great experience, but if I had to pay for it, would not do it again. The whole trip including air, food, bus and lodging was free. That's the only reason we even went to a race.