Whiteford KW repair problems!!!

KeepRollin

Expert Expediter
My A/C was not working properly back in March so I had it repaired at a Kenworth dealer in Laredo Tx. they replaced a high pressure switch, checked the system for leaks and recharged it an had me on my way. This cost about $330.00.

The A/C then went out again about the middle of April. My truck was in South Bend Indiana so I took it to Whiteford KW on 4/20/2005. They found the following items:
1) Suction hose from expansion valve to compressor is rubbed through.
2) Suction hose to sleeper had bad O-ring at the sleeper.
3) Receiver/Dryer installed incorrect.
4) Repaired a coolant leak.
$1253.00 and I was on my way. Contacted Laredo KW and they said there was nothing they could do they just replaced the switch and recharged the system.

About a week after this my driver here a loud pop and the air conditioner does not work again. Make it a point to get it back to the same dealer, Whiteford Kenworth to see what the problem is.
They find a high pressure hose was up against the turbo and burned through. The work was done over the weekend (5/22/05) and I had them put it on my credit card to get the truck moving again ($414.24). I figured I would straighten it out with the manger I had been working with on Monday.
Called on Monday talked to the manger he said the mechanic that worked on it was not in. He would call me after he talked to him. Guess what no call back. I called again before the holiday weekend and left messages. Still no call back.

Wait its not over! My driver is down in southern Texas and the A/C is not working again. I put him in a hotel to keep him cool. He has a load to Louisville and I'll will put him back into a hotel tomorrow.

Should I take it back to Whiteford again and let them take another guess at fixing it? I have about $2000.00 into the repairs and it still doesn't work. Should they cover my expenses and down time? What leverage do I have? Call the B.B.B.? Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks
Todd:(

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Take it to another dealer.
All of the previous work is warranty work for what THEY repaired.
If for example, you had a hose replaced, and the next day the dryer fails, you would have to cover the dryer unless their repair caused the damage (failure). That would require that current dealer to verify that was the case.
If you are still having trouble, call their main customer service.
That at least gives you a place to start.
Let us know what happens
Davekc

KeepRollin

Expert Expediter
I ended up taking my truck back to Whitford KW after talking to the manager a few more times. They found a bad hose crimp. They fixed it all for free then they refunded my money from the previous repair.

Todd

Loose_Cannon47

Expert Expediter
Good to hear that they did right by you...all businesses should be operated in such a manner...I bet you'll even recommend them now...

Loose

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Thumbs up for KW.

We have had better service from KW and Pete than many of the other companies.

Glad to see they took care of you.

Davekc