Where to go from here

chada75

Seasoned Expediter
I currently work at a garage in Winston-Salem, NC and a Genlteman who is an Owner/Operator for Panther 2 was telling me about what he does. I used to be a Owner/Operator for a Local Taxicab company for about three and a half years and told him that I'm going to go get a CDL-a througth Swift or P.A.M and so for. He said that he doesn't have a CDL and that a person can do good at expediting. I have no experience but I'm willing to learn and every thing that I learn was by doing anyway. I have an ad out on the classifieds that should be up by now. If someone like me who has no experience but is willing to work weeks at a time has to do to get into Expediting? Thanks for any advice and much welcome. Thanks to John as well!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
go get your cdl,the larger trucking companies will teach you,you just need to stay there for 1 year so they dont charge you,in that year you will get experience,and be able to change or do what ever you need to do next.there are many guys running for these companies doing 60k a year,just depends how much you need to be at home.if you run a soko expediter,I cant see you making that much money,and if its your truck,running solo,you wont clear the 60k