Where is everyone at?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I am sitting in erie,pa and when i did the 300 mile reposition there are like 6 or 8 boards and im the only one within them. Thats like 30 loads a day average between them all and im still awaiting a load.

So where is everyone?

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
I believe the entire Panther fleet is in Laredo and I understand they will soon be moving their headquarters from Seville to Laredo. They are just waiting for the KMart there to close so they can take it over. That place has the the only accessible shade tree in Laredo.

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
I'm not seeing very many trucks at all on the boads in OH, KY and MI. 2 or 3 and the last few days only 1 team. Dispatch said they are desperate for trucks in Ohio. It's nice they pay more when they beg!!:D

dancorn

Veteran Expediter
In Toledo today and back to Laredo in the morning. Considering buying a house there that way I can be home much more often.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Like i said above we were in north east we did the 300 mile radius reposition and we were the only truck on the boards and 0 in route.

Kinda crazy but they keep us running so eh whatever.

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
So is everyone still running well? They seem to be deadheading us around a lot lately but as long as they don't mind paying for it I don't mind doing it.... The last one we did was 350 deadhead for 500 loaded...

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Kyle06

Seasoned Expediter
Yeah but the ended up paying 1.10 mile for all deadhead miles... So we still made money at it

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

morningstar55ny

Veteran Expediter
Driver
if all the trucks from panther are in Lordeo .. and lets sayy there are ahhh 12 there now???
i know there were like 9 and 10 in route thursday in atlanta....
and now im in Toledo and there are like . zero to 1 .. in a 300 mile radious.
zero being in indy. chicago land... lansing... romulis.. akron.. geezz..

we have a short load .. to pick up here going near davenport.
my fairly new team partner and i are very frustrated over lack of loaded miles and way way to much DH miles.... i am making the same pay as a solo..... with MORE stress.
im thinking of quitting and going somewhere else.... but back as a solo.
im 56 with high blood pressure and cant handle this high stress ....

wondering also . if trying to buy my own van or truck .. as a solo would be a good thing.??

bdmj989900

Seasoned Expediter
if all the trucks from panther are in Lordeo .. and lets sayy there are ahhh 12 there now???
i know there were like 9 and 10 in route thursday in atlanta....
and now im in Toledo and there are like . zero to 1 .. in a 300 mile radious.
zero being in indy. chicago land... lansing... romulis.. akron.. geezz..

we have a short load .. to pick up here going near davenport.
my fairly new team partner and i are very frustrated over lack of loaded miles and way way to much DH miles.... i am making the same pay as a solo..... with MORE stress.
im thinking of quitting and going somewhere else.... but back as a solo.
im 56 with high blood pressure and cant handle this high stress ....

wondering also . if trying to buy my own van or truck .. as a solo would be a good thing.??

As a solo driver I was thinking about getting a co driver. Not sure that it would help get more miles or not. In the last month I have done better than I thought I would. Other than when I took a load to Texas. When you’re a single driver it’s hard to turn down those long loads. For right now I think I’m going to continue to run single and see what happens. Just have to stay in the PSA.

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
It is ez to turn down or rather if too long then get it swapped in an area u can get out of easier then Laredo....

canesman07

Seasoned Expediter
Instead of taking the load all the way to TX where it takes 10-14 days to get out of if a solo get the load swapped in Memphis or Dallas then return back to a better board.