WHATS YOUR MOST COOL LOAD EVER DONE?

BOBBYSGIRL

Expert Expediter
WHAT YOUR MOST COOL LOAD EVER? OUR IS WE WENT TO LOS ALAMOS,N.M. AND DELIVERED DETINATOR TESTER. WE DELIVERED 20 FT FROM WHERE THE FIRST 2 ATOMIC BOMBS WERE BUILT(FAT MAN AND LITTLE BOY).

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Most recent was I delivered the 18 foot long 1000 lb. crankshaft to the Elanor Bouchard's EMD engine at the docks on Staten Island. The Bouchard is a huge tugboat that tows oceangoing freighters. It was neat to watch the freighters loaded with shipping containers pass by in the "Kill Van Kull."
Also, if any of you get to deliver to a place called Three Dimensional Services, a prototype auto part developer in Detroit, ask them to give you a tour of the place- it's wild if you love the techno-stuff like me.
-Weave-

louixo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I was empty around washington d.c a few years ago, and was dispatched to pick up a 2 million dollar deep sea diving suit. One of a kind, that they use to go down after disabled submarines. It hung in it's own custom harness, on wheels. A real challenge to get it into the trailer and secure it. Nothing else was permitted to be in the trailer, except my tie down and decking gear that i carried. A staight run to the navy base in pensacola, after pickup. It paid $3500, and we were down there the next morning. They showed us around the facility, where they had tanks that could duplicate the undersea pressure to any depth. I couldn't believe how a submarine hull could be squashed like nothing by that pressure!

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
We took parts from CT for "Marine One" the presidents helicopter to the presidental hangar at Quantico Marine air base in Virgina.

It was really cool we had marine guards hanging off the side of the truck. We were also shown a bright yellow line.

We was told if we crossed that line we would be shot. (Needless to say I never got close to that line...lol The yellow line up my back was wider than that yellow line on the ground...lol)

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
About 4 years ago we tokk Presidential Christmas Greeting Cards from Louisville KY directly to the White House,We went through 3 security checks to get in and had a armed female secret service agent in the truck with us. At the White House they got very excited that the cards had finally arrived (as they were very late) called upstairs and lo and behold in about 10 minutes out comes the President and Mrs Clinton along with their Daughter to inspect the cars.He said "How are y!all doing and thanks for coming in".She said nothing(Tough Woman)For sure ,but Cheslea brought us coffee in cardboard cups with the Presidential Seal on them.We still have those cups.She was very nice and talked about how difficult it was for her in Stamford University due to the Security around her.Very pleasant young lady and I hope she does well in life..

Bigtyme

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Damn, You guys have some interesting stories!!!..I can't compete with any of those, but 1 time i was at Chrysler in Fenton Mo. (when I was with CTX), I was sent to dock T21 which had 2 truck wells at it, You guys know the drill...HOT PARTS HOT PARTS, well It took 3hrs for these pricks to unload my truck, and they were real rude about it like they were doing me a favor, I was in the truck dock this whole time they kept skipping my truck to be assholes I guess....well after the 2nd hour I told the hilo driver to meet me outside when he was done, he did and he also got himself a Union Asswhoopin' Need I say I was told never to come back to that facility....And hey I never did that before, that guy had it comming....thats the most excitment I have ever encountered with a load ...sad huh ...LOL :9 :9 :eek: ...they need a blackeye face on here for that guy

BOBBYSGIRL

Expert Expediter
We also delivered to the nuclar sub. The U.S.S.Oklahoma. We had a motor.We was about 10 ft away from the sub.