What kind of Cb

roadman

Seasoned Expediter
Each driver has there own preference on radios, its really what your looking for. Me for example, I have a galaxy 33 hml,
With a 250 watt linear, all hooked to a browning antenna. Needless to say I can get out 15 to 20 miles. On days with a skip its done over 100 easy.
I would recommend to stay away from the three numbered galaxy radios there not good.
Look into galaxy radios made by RCI, there the best. I had used cobra 29s and there ok. But if your around a lot drivers talkin
back and forth, and you need to get out, power is what you need.

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I should have said tuning will make sure both transmission and reception are exactly on frequency and as Greg said, getting all the reception pieces from antenna tip to radio internals right is your best bang for the buck.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
I have an old Uniden , vol knob, squelch knob, and channel knob only,,,,,,,,,yes Im using world war one technology,lol, but the darn thing works, and I hear where all the wrecks are and smokeys are located from all the over zealous truckers. I don't talk on it,,just listen off and on, 99 % of the time im on xm radio .................sky Yes my male ego wants a fancy dancy cb radio,, but my wallet says nooooooooooooooooo,,,spend it on food clothing and van maintenance,,,amen.........

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a fisher price 3 -7 y/o. Works fine and the plastic pieces are to big to choke on.