Veteran Expediter
RE: What kind of annual Gross can a

> Common you
>guys ,,,,,these new people need the truth for a change. This
>is not a truck stop ,,,you can tell the truth. I already
>addressed the 140 hour team weeks. TELL THESE NEW PEOPLE THE
>REAL STUFF FOR A CHANGE !!!!!!!

THE TRUTH FOR A CHANGE? EXCUSE ME?

Your tone and choice of words implies that you are accusing these good folks of misleading or lying when giving advice on this forum. Nothing could be further from the truth. We all have differing experiences and opinions and cannot speak for anyone but ourselves. No, this is not a truck stop bull**** session, just honest folks trying to help anyone that comes here seeking advice. Like it or not, THIS IS THE REAL STUFF!!!!

BEAUTY MAY ONLY BE SKIN DEEP BUT UGLY IS TO THE BONE!! DD

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

>I'll say this one more time and then you can buy it or not.
>The only "D" unit that gets 11 or 12 MPG is the ones for
>sale,,,,if you know what I mean. Some times the seller says
>this to get your attention but DO NOT BELIEVE IT. Empty and
>at low speed and you might get 10. Thats a stretch. Loaded
>and on a delivery at the speed limit and 7 to 9 is your top
>MPG. I had 3 with caterpiller engines and one with a SMALL
>series 50 Detroit and NEVER got 11.The Detroit had a 10
>speed with 373 rear end and still got 8.5 at best. Now don't
>you old timers go anywhere but the "newbie" catagory and
>start talking 11 or 12 or you will be laughed at. Common you
>guys ,,,,,these new people need the truth for a change. This
>is not a truck stop ,,,you can tell the truth. I already
>addressed the 140 hour team weeks. TELL THESE NEW PEOPLE THE
>REAL STUFF FOR A CHANGE !!!!!!!

<sarcasm on>
Hmmmmmmm..... Soooooooooo..... let me get this straight...

My Mitsubishi cabover D Unit did not REALLY get 10+ mpg.

and

My FL 70 D Unit did not REALLY get an average of 11.5 (even tho I checked fuel purchased versus miles run every month)and higher on Interstate driving.......

WOW... I'm glad you cleared that up. Now I need to find out who was pumping all the extra fuel into my truck at night and thank them!!!

:7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7 :7

Weave? RichM? You guys have the same problem? someone pumping extra fuel into your tanks to fool ya?

You guys claimed 11+ too!

<sarcasm off!>

Seriously Luruveto....

You are TOTALLY out of line... I'm sorry you got lousy fuel mileage, but do NOT accuse people of LYING just because YOU didn't get the same mileage WE did. A number of factors affect mileage including truck make, engine choice, HP, gearing, how fast you run, etc.

I really don't care if you believe me, or anyone ELSE who "CLAIMS" to get high MPG... DON'T come in here and claim I'm lying. What would it profit ME to LIE to a newbie and candy coat things?

I can tell you for a FACT that an FL 70, 24 foot box, with 8.3 Cummins ISC, running thru Fuller 6 speed, can get over 11 mpg average for all miles, and can peak close to 13, lightly loaded, running interstate at 62-65 mph.

Deal with it, and go somewhere else to call people liars.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

In response to mileage on the FL70's ..many moons ago when they 1st came out I worked for a mail contractor and he bought 4 indentical FL70's ( Thank God as we had Topkicks before that)I was also a dispatcher/driver. I had my AZ at the time. And going over the fuel bills for these models the range was up and down depending on the driver, so I went out with each one of them, The one with the worst mileage was the guy who lugged uphill (wrong gear) over reved taking off at lights and speeding! The best mileage was the guy you never really felt the truck change gears sounded like an auto. It comes down to this!
EVERYONE drives differently and fuel mileage doesn't lie. Real pros like Rich, Weave, Dreamer. Know the truth and tell it.
Maybe with YOUR driving habits you do only get 8mi/G and with theirs they get 11, BUT please Theres no reason to call anyone a liar.

From a guy who now is a van driver and gets great fuel mileage!

G

whew..maybe i should have let this topic die of old age...haha

But for my .02, I have read every post in at least 3 of these message forums and have seen where Rich, Weave, Dreamer, Taz, and others have continuously given free, accurate, and consistent answers to newbies questions. I am a newbie to the expedite business myself actually, just a very interested bystander for now. But, I do have a small amount of experience as an owner of some dump trucks. Some of the questions asked, I knew the answers to, but didn't have to comment because there is no way that I could have put it in better words or more accurately than some of these guy had already done. Because of that, I am convinced that that these guys are giving fair and honest advice. I would expect that everyone could be mistaken now and again, but I've not noticed any from these guys yet :)

Thanks

Lureveto

Expert Expediter

OK ! Now we are backing up. Now we are going 62 mile per hour. And some are even admitting " over 65 the mileage goes south ". Now we are on the interstate holding up traffic to prove our HIGH mileage.Look ,,,,,why don't you say in the beginning you were riding 62 miles per hour or riding along site seeing. I said and I will say again to this guy running 140 hours a week as a team "YOU WILL NOT GET 11,12,OR EVEN 10 MPG ". You have taken what I said out of context. The mileage is down to 8 or 8.5 when you are on a delivery of some importance. Do not compare this delivery driving to "RELOCATING" or "WEEKEND DRIVING WHILE MOVING TO A BETTER LANE". My , my , my, are we touchy when reminded you are writing in a forum that is being read by people who have done EXACTLY what you are writing about. I stand on what I said about the mileage. "8 or 8.5 is what these trucks get when running as though you are trying to get somewhere,,,,,not joy riding !

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member

[font size="+6"][font color="green"]Merry Christmas Everyone![/font]

:+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

abcwine

Expert Expediter
RE: What kind of annual Gross can a "D" unit expec

MATTMO,
NOT SURE IF YOU'LL CHECK, BUT YOUR ANSWER IS SIMPLE.

SOLO STRT TRK WKLY AVG EARNING- $1600-$2100
TEAM- $2500-$3500

THAT WASN'T TOO DIFFICULT WAS IT?