what is the most memorable thing you have experien

theoldprof

Veteran Expediter
RE: what is the most memorable thing you have expe

My most memorable wasn't so much what I saw, as what I felt. I woke up one morning in Thief River Bend, MN,or Wisconsin. It was eleven below zero in my unheated van. This was a Stupid Newbie Trick type load. When offered the load all I saw was 600 miles. OOH! OOH! OOH! Little did I know that there was probably never a load to come out of that area. After that I started looking at where the load is shipped TO. That's what made this load memorable.

:+ :+

ABlairVanRunner

Seasoned Expediter

One of the most memorable was when I was getting the van fixed in Pell City, Al I took the loaner car over to Talledaga Super Speedway. Being a Nascar fan, it was cool to see the museum and get the tour of the track. Since there were only 3 of on on the first tour of the day he took us to more places than normal. (or so he said ):)
But by far the most memorable would have to be "checking the tires" in front of an army watch post along the border in Nagales, AZ. The consignee was right next to the border. I arrived about 2am for a 8am delivery. So I got out to check out the loading docks and where I would need to go in the morning. While out walking around I needed to go, so I went. As I was walking back around to the drivers door to get in and settle in for the night, I head a dog barking and saw a shadow moving through the bushes. Needless to say that scarred the living crap out of me so I fired the truck up and hightailed it out of there. Well the next morning (when it was light out) I went back and noticed a large camo tent and army jeep, and as I drove by one guy looked, laughed, and waved at me. I felt a little better knowing I provided some humor to a probably boring job, rather than almost having a close encounter with the illegal alien kind.

Carolinas.... Oh, Ok

xpress9719

Seasoned Expediter

Some of you may remember this it was after a snow blizzard closed I-80 on mount sherman. In the morning it was like a junkyard full of 18 wheelers and we took a pic of a truck that jacknifed when his wild ride was over his truck was faceing straight up to heaven the driver was fine but the truck was stuck. I think he may have prayed a little to hard lol.

arrbsthw

Expert Expediter

I think the most memorable thing I have seen is
the blue sky in northern Nevada. It was the most beutiful
blue sky I have ever seen.

mrgoodtude

Not a Member

I think being in TN at the start of Katrina..
Florida 1st then Alabama, Mississippi and New Orleans..
We were privy to so many facets of the human condition and in awe of the forces of nature...
Naw screw it that sheet rocked and so did we:+