What does all this mean?

dcalien

Seasoned Expediter
I am new to this site. About 3 months now.
I have been wondering about something, and never did see anything on it. Maybe I just need to learn to search better.

I see administrators moderators, members, junior members, senior members, people on distinguished roads, and I am wondering....

How does one go from member to senior member, moderator to super moderator etc.

Oh yes, and reputation, and what was that thing with the stars called? :)

I know this is not vital information, and I am not obsessed with it all, just wanting to learn how this site works.

Hope I put this in the right place.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
While we're on the subject, I was also noticing that some threads have 'ratings', like 'sticky', or 5 stars for example.. wondered how a thread gets rated, and by whom?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'm still figuring stuff out as I go along. If you look at the top of a thread there's a place to rate the thread. Users rate them as they see fit. Users rate other users by clicking the word rating next to the stars. Users affect reputation by clicking the little symbol at the bottom to the left of the red and yellow tickets. User categories are determined by time since joining and number of posts. All that is subject to my being confuzzled on any/all of it but I believe that is all correct. Anything beyond that is still greek to me.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Clicking on the rating allows you to rate the POSTER overall from 1 to 5 stars, with 5 being the best. The green squares are reputation points, and are based on people giving them kudos on their individual posts. Ratings and reputation points are given by any member.

Junior Member .. a new member with less than 30 posts.

Member... over 30 posts.

Senior Member.. over 100.

Moderator.. Volunteers Selected by Lawrence or myself to watch over the forums, and make sure the Code of Conduct is followed. Basically the police of the forum.

Senior Moderator .. an experienced Moderator who's been with us over a longer period of time, and therefore has been given more responsiblity.

Moderator Emeritus... Moderator retired from long time service.

Administrators... select and advise Moderators, create, set up, and maintain forums, watch for technical issues, etc.... all the behind the scenes stuff :).

Hope this helps!

Dale

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for all that info, I think that just about answers all the questions!
Now for one more that isn't really pertinent to anything.. but what is that 'digg this thread', and 'delicious'.. stuff all about?