What do you think of this quote?

Broompilot

Veteran Expediter
You will be the same person five years from now that you are today: Except for the people you meet and the books you read.

Do you want to stay exactly where you are? I enjoy this business very much, but I would like more opportunities to open up. Love reading on personal finances, and business topics I enjoy. Now if only we all could climb out of those trucks and little more and introduce ourselves to each other a little more.

Friends probably the largest asset we could ever accumiliate in our lives.

bruchar

Expert Expediter
Broom,
I'm with you on this one. There is a lot more to this business than driving a truck and sitting waiting for the next load. I don't post here much but I do read the forums frequently. Your insight on the financial aspects of this industry and personal finances always are an interesting read.
Our goal over the next couple of years is to be debt free and savings maximized. After a health scare....it wakes you up real quick how important the aspect of managing money and future financial goals. But it's also important to have a life other than expediting, the years pass by too quickly not to take take time for yourself, spend time with family, friends and fellow drivers.
A lot can change in 5 years and this business can take a lot out of a person, family or relationship...enjoy life too, it all goes by too quickly.

There are two rules for ultimate success in life:
1. Never tell anyone everything you know.

terryandrene

Veteran Expediter
Safety & Compliance
US Coast Guard
Good post Broom and a good hint for those that don't feel the need to socialize when out on the road.

Bruchar also has a great quote but that doesn't apply in these forums because that's what we do. We tell everything we know; you just have to ask the right questions.

Pappy

Expert Expediter
In the course of my travels, I had the pleasure of meeting only one person--Highway Star--- and what a nice guy that does EO. My main line of communication when on the road is the old CB. I still yell at all the expedite vehicles I see but none of them ever have their radio on. I know there's lots of garb on the radio, but I still consider it a piece of safety equipment since it still warns of hazards that lie ahead. I look forward to personally meeting a lot more of you guys cause I always thought---"A friend is just a stranger that I have'nt met yet"

Pappy
:) :) :)

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks for the kind words, Pappy. I enjoyed our chat at the World Famous Detroiter. I am guilty of not having the CB on enough. Just can't put up with the morons. I've been trying to have it on a bit more lately and trying to help get Expediter channel 29 going. No luck yet.