What are the old posters up to

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
What are the old posters up to, since they got out of the business. What field did you get into after expediting. How are things going for you, and are you happier now that you are out. And here is the big one, do you wish you could go back to it?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Well...my view doesn't change everyday, but I'm warm in the winter, cool in the summer...LOL

I now work for a utility company in Columbus Ohio. Decent pay, they pay benefits for me and my family, 2 weeks vacation, paid holidays, 6 weeks sick pay, (yes 6 weeks), and actually good to their employees.
They buy us lunch sometimes, (just a little perk, but it's nice), actually solicit and react to my input, and even pay me a bonus on profitability. Sometimes I'm bored to tears...LOL....but it's a good job, predictable pay and hours....and I know when and where I'm going to eat and sleep. Yes, I miss the road, wouldn't mind driving again.."someday", but for now, I like being home, wife likes it better, my banker loves me...LOL...

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
WOW! Those six weeks sick pay sound nice. If you wanted to push your luck you could call in sick one day a week for 30 weeks out of the year! COOL:7

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
LOL...you're allowed a max of 6 "occurences"....so most folks just take a few days at a time, being a utility co, they really need people alert on the job, not feeling sick, or "high" on cold/flu medicine....it's kind of a nice thing to know you can take the time you need with out losing money.:)